function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Benedetto Virzi 7Benedetto Virzi 7 

Install apex class and trigger in Professional Edition

Hi All,

I know to install the Apex class in a professioanl edition I must create a package and "send" it  on the AppExange. It's true? If my app is only for my customers and not a public app, there isn't any other way to install Apex class on professional edition? Migration tool? I ask this because, to install the Apex class on Professional Edition, the package should be created from an "eligible partner" and I don't understand very well what should I do to become an "eligible partner" and how long does it take to do it.

My customers are waiting my work, you have a suggestion for me?

Thanks 
Benny
ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
Apex is not supported in Professional Edition of Salesforce. The use of a managed package is only a workaround, and it involves the same process that needs to be followed for an appexchange app. This article may help you: https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?urlname=Can-I-develop-apex-code-in-developer-edition-and-deploy-it-to-professional-edition-1327107568004&language=en_US
Benedetto Virzi 7Benedetto Virzi 7
Thanks Shashank,

I am very angry!!! I have only two classes and 1 trigger: for this Should I pass the security review? This is awfull!
However, this means that in the Professional edition I can not have anything automatic: I do not have triggers, I can not write code, I have no workflow...

ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
I understand your concern. However, please understand that it is a limitation with the Professional Edition. If you need automation, you should ideally choose the Enterprise Edition.