function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MMuneeeMMuneee 

Can we automatically set address information refering entered zip code?

I am trying to customize lead screen to set address information to each fields (states, city, street...) automatically by referring entered zip code to postal code field of the lead screen. And I am also trying to set zip code referring to entered address information?

I have the list of Japanese zip code-address information set to be loaded to custom objects or set at custom formula.

It is complementary mechanism for defective lead information.

We have tried by creating new Scontrol tab, but we would need to add the functionality on original salesforce.com lead tab.

Has anyone done similar one before? 
Anyone tell me some idea to realize the requirement?

I really appreciate your help in advance.
Jason Curtis NBSFDGJason Curtis NBSFDG
Hi, Muneedar, I'm trying to understand your question, are you trying to validate that an address entered (Street, City, State) matches the Zip Code entered? If you are trying to work back from zip code to street address, that wouldn't work, i.e. a zip code is valid for multiple addresses. 
We have a similar application that we will be doing, we'll be implmenting it by using a trigger before insert that checks the supplied address against an external validation tool.

MMuneeeMMuneee
When i enter the Zipcode then automatically City and State need to updated in the respective fields.
Jason Curtis NBSFDGJason Curtis NBSFDG
Muneendar, some options:
  • You ca do this with a "before insert" trigger on the lead object
  • A custom visualforce pagen, here are some ideas: http://www.forcedisturbances.com/2012/10/vf-component-for-usps-address.html 
  • There are several apps on the AppExchange that can help with this issue, AddressTools Premium (https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000002zt9uEAA) is one of them and seems afforable.

Good luck!