function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Harsha S 2Harsha S 2 

Email Limits please help

Hi All,

First of all, I have written a scheduler class which runs everyday and based on logic each user will get a seperate email.
I have used Messaging.singlemail. Based on my business requirement, everyday I will be calling Messaging.sendEmail 3 times in my scheduler class (I know that there is a limit of 10 per transacation.i.e., u can call Messaging.sendEmail to a max of 10 times per transaction)

The problem here is with Daily limit of sending to 1000 different external email address per day (No limit for salesforce internal user addresses).
We have got a requirement where I might need to copy a user's manager email (which might not be salesforce internal user). So I might hit the limit of 1000 external email addresses per day for manager's scenario 

This is what i got from salesforce documentation:

Using the API or Apex, you can send single emails to a maximum of 1,000 external email addresses per day based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Single emails sent using the Salesforce application don't count toward this limit. There’s no limit on sending individual emails to contacts, leads, person accounts, and users in your organization directly from account, contact, lead, opportunity, case, campaign, or custom object pages.When sending single emails, keep in mind:You can send 100 emails per SingleEmailMessage.
If you use SingleEmailMessage to email your organization’s internal users, specifying the user’s ID in setTargetObjectId means the email doesn’t count toward the daily limit. However, specifying internal users’ email addresseses in setToAddresses means the email does count toward the limit.

I'm excited about the line "Single emails sent using the Salesforce application don't count toward this limit." . What does that mean ?
Sending thru workflow email alerts ? But  there are some workflow emai alerts too right...

What does below line is telling about?
When sending single emails, keep in mind:You can send 100 emails per SingleEmailMessage.

Harsha S 2Harsha S 2
Any help ?
SalmanSalman
Hii Harsha S 2,

Eliminate the email limitations on Salesforce. Send emails beyond batch or per day limits.by using MassMiailer

MassMailer lets you send unlimited emails from within Salesforce, no matter which edition you use. Built on the Salesforce platform, it has all the mass email features you’ll ever need.
Send unlimited emails no matter how large your email list is
Simple email creation wizard for point-and-click ease

You can try this app by installing from appexchange-MassMailer 

You can learn more details about the product on this website -Link