function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Swamy P R NSwamy P R N 

Not able to get the solution for these questions, will you suggest me?

Hello Buddies,

Iam preparing for 501 exam, in many of the blogs i collected many questions. Some of the below questions am not able to answer. Will you give me the answers for these.
Q1) How can multiple Force.com developers colloborate as a team? Select Only 2options
A) Store metadata definitions in a version control system.
B) Share application source code with third parties using AppExchange publishing.
C) Create a seperate a sandbox for each developer.
D) Save historical version of every metadata component on the Force.com Servers.

Q2) What is a best practice when writing unit tests?  Select 2 options only
A) Leverage Existing Organizational data in test execution to validate data-specific reasons.
B) Develop unit test, which cover upto 50% of classes an triggers.
C) Leverage the startTest and stopTest static methods to test governor limits.
D) Test governors for triggers by using many records when performing DML.

Q3) What is a best practice of testMethods? Only one option
A) Assert the behavior of the application on all test Scenarios.
B) Query up existing records to use in tests rather than creating new records in the testMethod.
C) Write atleast one bulk test for every functionality that tests Large data volumes for applicable use cases.
D) The testMethod should make multiple startTest and stopTest statements to start and stop multiple test scenarios.

Q4) A financial company provides financial services to individuals with high net worth.They use Salesforce CRM to track their client interactions. In a Developer Sand box, they enhanced custom businesss logic to remind their account managers about important dates, such as birthdays and anniversaries, for any client or member of a client's household.
How should the financial company roll out their Force.com application from the Developer Sandbox to the account managers?
A) by exporting the application as a .csv file.
B) by deploying the application using metadata files.
C) by publishing the application as a package.
D) by using Salesforce to Salesforce.

Q5) Which environment should be used to debug data-related issues reported in an active production organization?
A) Partial Data Sandbox
B) Developer Pro Sandbox
C) Full Sandbox
Developer Sandbox.

Q6) A Java Program running on a UNIX machine needs to access Salesforce data? What could be used to accomplish this? Only 2options
A) Force.com SOAP API
B) Visualforce pages.
C) Apex trigger
D) Custom Apex Web Services

Q7) Which environment is appropriate for developing a new Force.com application for sale or distribution? Only one option
A) Developer Sandbox
B) Salesforce Commerce edition
C) Full Sandbox
D) Partial Data Sandbox

Best Answer chosen by Swamy P R N
Harish NarayananHarish Narayanan
Here are the answers but don't cram these answers for exam. Remember, Dev501 is not an exam you cram and get over with ! My sincere suggestion is try to understand the concepts of topics for the whole 501 exam and also the questions below.

1. A,D

2. C,D (however answer A is also valid answer. sometimes you need to use SeeAllData=true parameter which will give you access to users, profiles, organization, etc related data)

3. C

4. B (deploying using metadata helps the maintain user references in the target environment)

5. C

6. A, D

7. A

Other community members: please feel free to correct If any of the above is incorrect along with an explanation. Thanks.

All Answers

Harish NarayananHarish Narayanan
Here are the answers but don't cram these answers for exam. Remember, Dev501 is not an exam you cram and get over with ! My sincere suggestion is try to understand the concepts of topics for the whole 501 exam and also the questions below.

1. A,D

2. C,D (however answer A is also valid answer. sometimes you need to use SeeAllData=true parameter which will give you access to users, profiles, organization, etc related data)

3. C

4. B (deploying using metadata helps the maintain user references in the target environment)

5. C

6. A, D

7. A

Other community members: please feel free to correct If any of the above is incorrect along with an explanation. Thanks.
This was selected as the best answer
Swamy P R NSwamy P R N
Thanks Harish, cheers!!
Srinu SomuSrinu Somu
Hi Harish,

In sandboxes, we can develop apps only for production organization. I don't think in sandbox we can create a new Force.com application for sale or distribution.
A Developer Edition is the one which is suitable for this.

Please let me know your ideas?
PatlatusPatlatus
Actually answer for 1 is AC (not AD).
Actually answer for 3 is A.
Question #7 has incorrect options, correct answer is Developer Edition or Partner Develop Edition org.
PatlatusPatlatus
Srinu, you are right, we cannot create managed packages in Sandboxes, and we cannot distribute unmanaged packages, so we really need DE or PDE orgs.