function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
babloo123babloo123 

VF page concern on edit

Instead of using salesforce standardpage I have been using my custom VFpage to save a record. My requirement is to get the VF page back with the selections I have chosen on the page when I click Edit button can someone help on this stuck on this from longtime.
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
If I understand your requirement correctly, you should also override the Edit button on the that standard object with the visualforce page such that when you try to edit any record - you will have the same Visualforce page to edit the record.
babloo123babloo123
Yes you got me right but setting back the values from database my requirement is in the database it is pciklist and I my VF page is radio button and datbase is text and vf page is multicheckbox can we set the values back? on Visual force those which we selected 
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Ok, so you wish to use different field type on VF and database.

Following blog has a good example of how you can have VF show data as Multiselect picklist and you can save that in a field on the backend:
https://developer.salesforce.com/blogs/developer-relations/2012/06/a-multiselect-picklist-visualforce-component.html

In the example on the blog, 'selectedContacts' is the property which you can assign to the text field in the backend.