function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Joe DiasJoe Dias 

Remove existing duplicate leads from salesforce

Other than paid apps, Is there a way I can get rid of the duplicate leads already present in the system based on email, then phone , name etc and retain the activity history on the leads which would be found as duplicates. We have  arround 200k of leads. I know that excel is recommended but I am not having ninja skills in it. Even if I take help from someone ,would it be possible to merge the actibity/campaign activity like it happens in merge lead feature. Please suggest.

Thanks.
PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Joe,

You can use the free appexchange solution:
https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000003IYLlEAO

Thanks,
Pratik
RamuRamu (Salesforce Developers) 
Without using any third party app, it will not be an easy task to get rid of duplicate leads by merging the related content. You would need to have intermediate skills in excel to do vlookups, formula functions etc.., and expert in data management tools like Dataloader or workbench. 

If you think, you are good at the above things, I can suggest you the steps on how to accomplish what you are looking for. If you are not, I suggest that you rely on third party apps to save time and maintain accuracy.
Joe DiasJoe Dias
Hi Ramu, 
Thanks for the reply.I appreciate your feedback. I do have the above skills you mentioned. Can you go ahead and suggest me steps on how to accomplish this process.

Joe DiasJoe Dias
Hi Ramu,
I am awaiting your response. In the meanwhile, is  there a reasonably priced tool that would reduce the level of manual work to do mass dedup. I mean would you recommended one . Thanks.