function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rung41Rung41 

Mass Edit error

When creating a list view with one of the filter criteria "State = ____" (blank/no value) I get the following error when I click the mass edit button.

core.apexpages.exceptions.ApexPagesHandledException: Object type not accessible. Please check permissions and make sure the object is not in development mode: and (State != null)) AND (id IN ^ ERROR at Row:2:Column:6 No such column 'State on entity 'Account'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. 

Is there any way to around this?

Best Answer chosen by Rung41
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Could you please share a screenshot of where you are getting this error message? Reading the description it seems as if you are carrying out this steps through the UI and not code..

All Answers

Could you please share a screenshot of where you are getting this error message? Reading the description it seems as if you are carrying out this steps through the UI and not code..
This was selected as the best answer
Rung41Rung41

Sure.  I believe the culprit to be the data.com key I have in my filter criteria. I need so I can pull up all the Accounts that have been imported from data.com. Not sure why it indicates it's not on the Account when it clearly is.

Here is my filter for the List view
User-added image

Here is my list view with 3 Accounts select for mass edits
User-added image

Here is the error I get when I hit the mass edit button
User-added image

I've checked your ORG and see that you are using the Appexhange app to implement the functionality of Mass edit and Update - So when you click on Mas Edit - it actually calls a Visualforce page which helps you edit multiple accounts at a time.

The error you are seeing it being thrown by that VF age - I am still trying to rerpro this on my ORG - will update as soon as I find something..
This package is an old one using the salesforce API verison 15..please update it to the latest version and the issue will be resolved.

Setup> Installed Packages > Mass Update And Edit> Mass Edit Account > Version Settings > update to 32
Rung41Rung41
That worked. Thank you!!
Naveen Kannoju02547126464965992Naveen Kannoju02547126464965992
Hi..sonam,

could you please explain sales process ,do you have any pdf for that  please share

Thanks,
Naveen
@Naveen, would help if you can start a new thread if your question doesn't match the existing thread like in this case.

To answer your question, please go to the link below - it covers well the definition of Sales Process:
http://certifiedondemand.com/sales-processes-and-opportunity-stages-in-salesforce