function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tom WilsonTom Wilson 

Workflow Email Alert question

I have created a custom object "Suggestions", which includes a Lookup field called "Whose Next Action?" (provides option to select a salesforce user from a list). I've attempted to set up a Workflow Email Alert, such that anytime the "Whose Next Action?" field is updated, the user in that field receives an email. Below is what I've done:

1- Created a Workflow Rule called "Action Assigned" that runs when a "Suggestion" object record has been created or edited, that also evaluates against the following formula: "ISCHANGED ( Whose_Next_Action__c ) = TRUE", where "Whose_Next_Action__c" is the field where a User is selected.

2- If the above evaluates to TRUE, I've attached an Email Alert to the Workflow rule such that the Recipient of the email is "Related User: Whose Next Action?".

During testing, I've not received any notification email, and am looking for suggestions??

Thanks much for the help.

SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Please setup debug logs for your user and try to edit a record with Whose Next Action? field - this will log all the actions that were performed and you can see if the Workflow was triggered or not.

If already done, let me know what the debug logs say..