function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Samadhan Sakhale 3Samadhan Sakhale 3 

Roll Up Summary

Hi All,
   I have a requirement that when i calculate Net Amount=total=vat that after calculation this i have to fetch that formula field in my parent object so how can i fetch that field using Roll up Summary.
Thanks,
Sam
Best Answer chosen by Samadhan Sakhale 3
hey Guys,
finally i got solution
first i create workflow field update on Quoteline object and after that roll up that field on parent object thanks for giving your valuable time
thanks a lot,
Sam

All Answers

Yoganand GadekarYoganand Gadekar
Hi,

Roll up summary fields are availbale only in case of master detail relationships. Do you have that relation with the two object?

In master detail relationship, while creating new fields on master object you will get an option of "roll up summary" (this is when you have to select data type of the field), you can chose roll up summary and configure either sum,min,max on chosen field from detail object or count of detail records.

thanks,
Yoganand.
http://www.cloudforce4u.com/2013/06/how-to-use-wrapper-class-in.html
Hi Yoganand,
i already make relationship parent child and in parent i already tried to make roll up summary but it is not rollup formula field 
tell me solution to get formula field in roll up summary.
Thank you,
Sam
AM2014AM2014
Hi,
You will not be able to use the Formula field in your roll up summary field , if it is referring to another field from a different object. If you formula is using the fields from the same object, it will be available.
hey Guys,
finally i got solution
first i create workflow field update on Quoteline object and after that roll up that field on parent object thanks for giving your valuable time
thanks a lot,
Sam
This was selected as the best answer