function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
David BudimirDavid Budimir 

Identify User that Last Modified Specific Fields

Hi there,

Is there a way to create a formula field that can help me to identify the last user that changed a specific set of fileds in an opportunity? "Last Modified By" tells me about any changes made to an opportunity but I'd like to limit it to specific fields. 

For example - who was the last user to modify only the Ammount, Contract Start Date or Contract End Date Fields. How can the formula field identify the user that changed only a set list of fields. 

Thanks!
John PipkinJohn Pipkin
David, 

This would need to be done via workflow rule. Put a ischanged() logic on all the fields, and add a field update to a custom text field with the value "$User.Name".
Parvinder SinghParvinder Singh
I will recommend to enable field level history on those fields and add the history related list to your pages, so you will be able to see who changed when on these fields.
David BudimirDavid Budimir
Thanks @john and @parvinder - super helpful. Do either of you know if there is a way to enable History Tracking for more than 20 fields. At the momment our opportuntiies are maxed out. 

Thanks!
Parvinder SinghParvinder Singh
Reach out to salesforce I think they can max it to 25.
John PipkinJohn Pipkin
SF can increase the limit. That would be the best way to accomplish this. Here's how: https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000176181&language=en_US