function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Patrick Mayer 4Patrick Mayer 4 

Refresh Service Cloud lists when new record is added

I need to have lists refresh when a new record is added. I would think that the Choose How Lists Refresh option and Push Notifications handle this, but that does not seem to work. Please help!
Best Answer chosen by Patrick Mayer 4
ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
The explanation in this article might help you understand this better: https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewSolution?id=000199167

All Answers

ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
The explanation in this article might help you understand this better: https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewSolution?id=000199167
This was selected as the best answer
Patrick Mayer 4Patrick Mayer 4
The solution was a combination of custom visualforce and the streaming API. Unfortunately, the feature doesn't exist. Thanks Shashank
ElmilandElmiland
Hi Patrick, can you share how you have done that? We need to refresh Queue owned list views and I am hoping there is a single piece of code that can take care of it, i.e. regardless of the user ID logged in, always refresh lists.
louisa barrett 7louisa barrett 7
Hi, Did you find a way to do this?
We have the same requirement, lists that belong to the viewing user refresh OK, but when a case is created and assigned to the Queue, it is not automatically refreshing the Queue list.
We have lists that combine the current user Cases and those assigned to the Queue, as well as individual user lists and just the Queue list.
Thanks,

Prakash GBPrakash GB
Hi,

did anyone find a way to do this? Please let me know if it is achievable.

Thanks in advance!

Prakash GB
louisa barrett 7louisa barrett 7
Hi,

The only way I acheived it was to create a visual force page and use the apex:enhancedlist tag combined with javascript to automatically refresh the page every xx seconds.
This is the page we use for Work Orders.

<apex:page standardController="WorkOrder"  id="page" >
<apex:enhancedList type="WorkOrder" height="800" id="enhancedList"/>
<apex:outputText id="txtRefreshTime" title="Last refresh time" value="Blah" />

<script type="text/javascript">
isListLoaded();
function isListLoaded()
     {   
     setTimeout("location.reload(true);",300000);
     var myDate = new Date(Date.now()).toLocaleString('en-GB');
     document.getElementById('{!$Component.page.txtRefreshTime}').innerHTML = myDate;
     }
</script>
</apex:page>

Hope it helps