function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nelsa PenaNelsa Pena 

Edit Receipt/Thank You letter

How do I edit the receipt/thank you letter that people receive after making an online donation?
Thank you!
Best Answer chosen by Nelsa Pena
Yosef KaptaYosef Kapta
I see. Okay, this template was created using the Visualforce mark-up language. What change would you like to implement? It would be tough for you to make changes unless you are familair with the language.

All Answers

Yosef KaptaYosef Kapta
Nelsa,

This sounds like a custom email template that is setup to be sent out to people who make a donation through your website. In order to edit this, you need to have access to the 'Setup' page in Salesforce. Once you log into Salesforce, it is located at the top-right hand corner of the screen. If you don't see this link, you will need to reach out to your system administrator.

In either event, once you navigate to the Setup page, on the left-hand side there is a 'Communication Template' option. Expand this by clicking on the arrow. Select the 'Email Templates' option and browser through the email templates until you find something that resembles the Receipt/Thank You letter template that you are referring to. Once located, click the template name then click the 'Edit' button. You can then modify the template language to your liking. 

If this answers your question, please be sure to mark this as the correct answer. Thank you.

Nelsa PenaNelsa Pena
Thank you so much for your response.
When I try to edit the page i get a list of codes, which makes it impossible for me to navigate through it and make the changes :-/
Is there someone who can assist me in doing that?

Again, thank you!

Nelsa
Yosef KaptaYosef Kapta
Your welcome! Please see the screenshot below and confirm that this is the page you are seeing?

User-added image 
Nelsa PenaNelsa Pena
Hey!

No, I followed your instructions. Once in the template I need to edit, i click 'Edit Template' and it then alters the letter I need to edit into a bunch of codes.

I am not sure how you inserted that screenshot; I try to do the same on my end to show you...

Thanks!
Yosef KaptaYosef Kapta
Nelsa,

Please copy and paste the code into this discussion so I can take a look at it. Thank you.
Nelsa PenaNelsa Pena
These are codes that appear when I click on edit template - same order.

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Causeview Receipt" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="causeview__Receipt__c">
    <messaging:htmlEmailBody >
          <c:DocEmailTemplate _recipientType="Contact" _relatedToType="Receipt__c" 
               _recipientId="{!recipient.Id}" _relatedToId="{!relatedTo.Id}"/>
    </messaging:htmlEmailBody>

<messaging:plainTextEmailBody >

</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>

<messaging:attachment filename="OfficialTaxReceipt.pdf" renderAs="PDF">
         <c:ConsolidatedReceiptPDFTemplate _recipientType="Contact" _relatedToType="Receipt__c" 
            _recipientId="{!recipient.Id}" _relatedToId="{!relatedTo.Id}"/>
    </messaging:attachment>

</messaging:emailTemplate>
Yosef KaptaYosef Kapta
I see. Okay, this template was created using the Visualforce mark-up language. What change would you like to implement? It would be tough for you to make changes unless you are familair with the language.
This was selected as the best answer
Nelsa PenaNelsa Pena
At this point all I need to change is signature (it's an electronic signature) and the name that follows.
Please feel free to email me directly at npena@thecsi.org if you need the image to the electronic signature.
You are the best!

Nelsa
Nelsa PenaNelsa Pena
my direct line is:646.442.1453 and email is npena@thecsi.org
Elad AsulinElad Asulin
Hi guys, I am trying to do the same thing, only for a regular donation, so basically trying to edit the Thank you letter, were you guys able to do it? Would love some guidance. Thanks!