function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
raj kiranraj kiran 

Architecture for approaval process

Hi All,

I am looking for architecture of approval process, this helps me in undertsanding the process instance, process history and process node etc, tables in related to approval process such that my motto in firing and email or an notification when an approaval is peding at certain stage if it is more than certain period.

Regards,
raj

lakslaks
Hi Raj,

If you are looking for information on how to go about creating approval processes, this link might help https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=approvals_creating_approval_processes.htm&language=en_US

To view a pictorial representation of the approval process that you have created which shows the whole flow that you have created, go to Build -> Create -> Workflow and Approvals -> Approval Processes -> <your approval process> -> View Diagram.

Regards,
Lakshmi.
raj kiranraj kiran
HI Laks,

Thanks for your reply. However one of my  objective is to understand the behind the screen data flow whenever an record is created and submitted for approval process. For Eg, when we create an record and submit for approaval first and process instance is created in process instance table is created keeping approaval processdefinition id as reference. Then based on approavl steps involved in an approavl flow, some more process instance step ids are created in process instance step table.

So far this is what i understood , but i am still not clear with the relationship between them as my main objective was to track the time gap between each approval step for each record n approaval process and fire and email notification if the approval is pending more than certain period of time.

Regards,
Raj