function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nick MiramsNick Mirams 

How do I select a product from a picklist in leads and add it to the opportunity thats been created upon lead conversion

Hi,

I am struggling with this one.  I have tried a few ways but am very new to apex code and not sure it can be done wthout coding.

I have the users select products at the lead stage from a picklist.  I want to be able to copy these products when the lead is converted and add them to the newly created opportunity.I know these is difficult as each product is associated to price books but can it be done?

Nick

Balaji BondarBalaji Bondar
Hi Nick,

Custom Lead Picklist can be mapped to Custom Opportunity picklist.
This link might help you :http://simplysfdc.blogspot.com/2013/11/salesforce-lead-conversion-mapping.html
Nick MiramsNick Mirams
HI,

So do you mean create another picklist in Opportunity and make this exactly the same as the one in the lead.
Then I need to copy this product and attach it to the opportunity as a product line item somehow, probably through a trigger i guess

NIck

Nick MiramsNick Mirams
Hi,

I now have a picklist within the opportunity page layout which shows the product copied when the lead is converted.
How do I know copythat product and add it to the opportunity? as an opportunity line item
Nick