function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Raghavendra ARaghavendra A 

Approval Process Question

Hi All,

I have set up a multi step Approval Process where a record should be approved by multiple approvers. In each step a person will approve and that record will be sent to another user to approve.But all those users have only Read only access on that object. Hence they cannot viewthe items pending for aproval.  Is there any workaround so that they can access the items that pending for Approval to those users?

Thanks,
Raghu
BalajiRanganathanBalajiRanganathan
I am not sure why you say that they can not view the items pending for approval if they have read only access. the read only access is enough to view all the items pending for approval and to approve.
Hi Balaji,

Thanks for your reply. I also want them to able to read the entire record not just the fields that have been made available in Item pending for approval. 

Thanks,
Raghu
Geoffrey J FlynnGeoffrey J Flynn
Read only on the object means they can see all the fields.  Have you tried including a direct link to the record in the notification?  I suspect they are not getting past the initial page that only gives a certain number of fields.  If you have an email template created and that is sent out, include the detail link field
it is enough to have read only access given that those users have read access to all the fields using Field Level Security
Tahnk you All. Just by giving Read only access, they are not able to read the record that is pending approval. There is a link in the Approval process list that takes to the record. But the error is access denied. 
do you have any custom VF to show the record then you have to give them access to VF pages and the controller classes if any