function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Micky MMicky M 

Opportunity Line Item

Hi all, is it possible to use an opporunity line item as a master object in a master detail relationship, i want something like:

Opp lineitem
      Opp lineitem breakdown

thanks
Best Answer chosen by Micky M
Art SmorodinArt Smorodin
You will not be able to create this relationship ie a child object to the opportunity lineitem using config/standard salesforce, the object is not accessible when creating neither Lookup or Master Detail relationship.
You can of course always keep it separate and custom code a separate object where you would keep the line item reference and keep track of it separately.
(and moreover develop a custom visualforce page in order to search these)
Note however, that I do not recommend this approach since its a lot of custom building and whatever you build thereafter needs custom coding as well.

All Answers

Art SmorodinArt Smorodin
You will not be able to create this relationship ie a child object to the opportunity lineitem using config/standard salesforce, the object is not accessible when creating neither Lookup or Master Detail relationship.
You can of course always keep it separate and custom code a separate object where you would keep the line item reference and keep track of it separately.
(and moreover develop a custom visualforce page in order to search these)
Note however, that I do not recommend this approach since its a lot of custom building and whatever you build thereafter needs custom coding as well.
This was selected as the best answer
Micky MMicky M
Nice one thankyou thats what i suspected.