function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tammy Luckett 3Tammy Luckett 3 

Salesforce1 Update - our log a call picklist has disappeared

The Log a Call picklist is vital to how our salespeople are measured. With the latest updates to SF1, that feature has disappeared. How do we get it back?
Best Answer chosen by Tammy Luckett 3
kgilkgil
The picklist that is associated with the Activity (Events/Tasks) subject field is acutally unsupported. This has been working unintentionally for iOS users before the last update, but now the behavior is consistent on Android and iOS. Basically, this Subject picklist is a Combo Box behind the scenes, and Salesforce1 does not support Combo Boxes (due to a current API limitation I believe). 

Take a look at this Salesforce Help & Training article:
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?urlname=How-to-use-a-preset-Subject-field-for-Events-and-Tasks-in-Salesforce1&language=en_US

This provides a pretty solid workaround that I have used before. This workaround requires a new custom picklist to be created and then a workflow rule is used to update the standard Subject field after the record is saved. Keep in mind if you use this workaround that any custom triggers/code that rely on the standard Subject field will need to be modified since this will likely run before the workflow rule. 

All Answers

SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Hey Tammy, I checked the same on my S1> Contact record and am able to see the log a call option.

This seems regarding the action : log a call on your setup..did you check this on the browser version of S1? please go to na1.salesforce.com/one/one.aoo and login and check if similar issue is happening. Please share a screenshot as to where you are checking the same.. 
Hi Sonam, thanks for responding. 

We do have the log a call option available to us, unfortunately the picklist that is associated with Log a Call has disappeared.
User-added image
Our subject line is a picklist, but since the update, that isn't an option. How would we get that back?
kgilkgil
The picklist that is associated with the Activity (Events/Tasks) subject field is acutally unsupported. This has been working unintentionally for iOS users before the last update, but now the behavior is consistent on Android and iOS. Basically, this Subject picklist is a Combo Box behind the scenes, and Salesforce1 does not support Combo Boxes (due to a current API limitation I believe). 

Take a look at this Salesforce Help & Training article:
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?urlname=How-to-use-a-preset-Subject-field-for-Events-and-Tasks-in-Salesforce1&language=en_US

This provides a pretty solid workaround that I have used before. This workaround requires a new custom picklist to be created and then a workflow rule is used to update the standard Subject field after the record is saved. Keep in mind if you use this workaround that any custom triggers/code that rely on the standard Subject field will need to be modified since this will likely run before the workflow rule. 
This was selected as the best answer
Thank you, kgil. That explains a lot. It's good to know there is a potential work-around.
Maria BuchananMaria Buchanan
We are experiencing this same issue our drop down picklist on the Salesforce 1 app is no longer showing when trying to log a call. Do you know how we could get this back?