+ Start a Discussion
GarrettzGarrettz 

Metadata issues

Is there anyone on the Metadata product team that can get in touch with me? I've noticed a few issues and would like to confirm if they are issues or not and what the best workaround is. Standard support directs me here.

- Post Templates not retrieved
- Custom Console Components not retrieving the lookup value when the component references itself
- DestructiveChange fails because components don't exist

I couldn't find any of these in known issues or unsupported metadata article.
Best Answer chosen by Garrettz
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi, I would be glad to tested these and forward to the internal team for investigation, if required.

Could you please send me an email @ sraju @ salesforce dot com with the steps to reproduce these inssues you have mentioned so that I can try then on my test ORG..

 

All Answers

SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi, I would be glad to tested these and forward to the internal team for investigation, if required.

Could you please send me an email @ sraju @ salesforce dot com with the steps to reproduce these inssues you have mentioned so that I can try then on my test ORG..

 
This was selected as the best answer
GarrettzGarrettz
Thank you Sonam.

Most of these have been resolved:

- Post Templates... My initial retrieve of metadata did not include this, I'm guessing I didn't have my package setup properly because it appeared in the next retrieve.

- Custom Console Components... I'm still finding v31 of the API failing to pull a container from a customer console component that uses the 'self_lookup_component' lookup tag. It appears to be fixed in v32
            <containers>
                <isContainerAutoSizeEnabled>true</isContainerAutoSizeEnabled>
                <region>Left</region>
                <sidebarComponents>
                    <componentType>Lookup</componentType>
                    <lookup>self_lookup_component</lookup>
                </sidebarComponents>
                <style>Stack</style>
                <unit>Percentage</unit>
                <width>20</width>
            </containers>
- DestructiveChanges fails... again, looks like it was a one off issue.