function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kurtz_wolfgangkurtz_wolfgang 

Unable to tunnel through proxy. Proxy returns "HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found"

Hello Gurus,

I am facing a problem related to REST service. We have Documentum installed for our instance. We have a Visualforce and a controller class which allows the user to store notes and attachment on the Documentum server. We were able to achieve this by making a REST call using Javascript.

We have another external application which sends documents which are stored as attachments for contacts. We would like to store this attachments instead on Documentum. Since the other application doesn't allow us any customization,we are left with creating our own class (with future method) which will make a REST call.

The problem is we are able to successfully do it through Javascript but when we do it through Apex, we get the following exception:

FATAL_ERROR|System.CalloutException: Unable to tunnel through proxy. Proxy returns "HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found"

I don't believe it's a whitelisting issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
KB
BalajiRanganathanBalajiRanganathan
why do you think it is not a whitelisting issue?

i think it is mostly due to whilisting issue. when you use it in Javascript, the javascript runs in the client m/c which will be in your network and can access the service. but when you do it through apex, then the services are called from Salesforce servers.

So check with your service provider, if salesforce can access those services
Darshan ParikhDarshan Parikh
Hi kurtz,

Were you able to solve this? I am looking into Salesforce - Documentum integration. Need some advice around using REST