function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
David Wei 16David Wei 16 

Managed release package cannot be installed after adding new remote site setting

After adding a new remote site setting into managed release package, even simples one like https://www.test.com, upload the package, try to install the upgrade package into other org, the screen gets stuck while clicking "Continue" button, doesn't go next step as usual.

There is a javascript error in console:
ReferenceError Can't find variable: onLoadSelector

However, there are two remote site settings we added couple months before, they are not affecting package installation.

Thanks!
PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi David,

Is this happening to any specific managed package or is it the case with all the managed packages in your org?

Thanks,
Pratik
David Wei 16David Wei 16
Hi Pratik,

We've tried in several orgs to  create a new managed release package with a remote site setting and install to a brand new test org. There was no problem.
Then tried to add any other remote site setting into the package, upload as a newer version. Then tried to install the newer version of the package to the previous test org, got stuck while clicking "Continue" button.

Thanks!

David
LKozakewyczLKozakewycz
Did you manage to get this resolved in the end? I currently have a case open with SFDC Support. We ran the install on several customers orgs with complete success and then hit one that failed. You click "Continue" on the first page of the package installer and nothing happens.

I noticed exactly the same JS error on the page.
LKozakewyczLKozakewycz
I have found that this is a bug in the package installer and had to modify the inline Javascript in order to skip over the remote site settings confirmation pop-up and proceed straight onto the next page of the installer.
davidwei1davidwei1
It's still the case on our end. I guess this is a bug Salesforce needs to look into.