function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Pairin MasonPairin Mason 

Creating a new case when email is sent out from case record

Hi,

Our support team sometimes need to pass their cases to customer service team. The way that the support team does is by sending an email from the case record to CS email address. 

The issue is any email that is sent from case record will have case's threadID attached to it causing the sent email to loop back and be added to that original case record. The CS team will not know that the case has been passed to them. 

The ideal expected solution would be to create a new case when the email is sent out to CS from the case record. 

Any suggestion on how to make this possible would be greatly appreciated.
James LoghryJames Loghry

Seems kind of archaic to me.  Why not modify the process a bit?  For example, simply have the support team reassign the case to the customer service team, and have that trigger an email if it doesn't already?

Otherwise, you could implement a solution such as a button on the case record that creates a new case and assigns it to the Customer Service team, along with sending the email?  With this solution, you could also maintain a relationship with the parent case if need be for reporting, etc.

Pairin MasonPairin Mason

Thank you for your reply, James. 

I was just wondering if there is a way to alternate the process to imediately create a new case right from when sending out an email from the case record. 

If it's not possible, I'll stick with the create case button.

Thanks!