function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bill WoodsonBill Woodson 

Hot edit notes on record

Hello,

I need to build a contact view that also includes the ability to enter a note directly on the view screen.  I am not talking about clicking a button or link to bring up the note edit screen but rather having the noted edit screen functionality embedded into the contact view page.

Thanks for any assistance!
Best Answer chosen by Bill Woodson
asagarwal.comasagarwal.com
Hi Bill,

I am not sure if by "note" you are referring to the "Notes & Attachments" feature of Salesforce or a custom field on the Contact object. If it is the later, then there is something called "Inline Editing" in Salesforce. You can enable this feature by clicking on Setup -> Customize -> User Interface -> Enable Inline Editing

Once done, when you open record in the view mode and hover your mouse on the field, you will see a pencil icon. Just double click on that field and you will be able to enter the value.

User-added image

But if you are referring to the "Notes & Attachments" feature, then you will need to create a visualforce page with custom code to give you what you are looking for.

Cheers,
Ashish

All Answers

asagarwal.comasagarwal.com
Hi Bill,

I am not sure if by "note" you are referring to the "Notes & Attachments" feature of Salesforce or a custom field on the Contact object. If it is the later, then there is something called "Inline Editing" in Salesforce. You can enable this feature by clicking on Setup -> Customize -> User Interface -> Enable Inline Editing

Once done, when you open record in the view mode and hover your mouse on the field, you will see a pencil icon. Just double click on that field and you will be able to enter the value.

User-added image

But if you are referring to the "Notes & Attachments" feature, then you will need to create a visualforce page with custom code to give you what you are looking for.

Cheers,
Ashish
This was selected as the best answer
Bill WoodsonBill Woodson
It would be the Notes & Attachments I believe, I want to add a new note using and embedded edit form.  Any ideas on where I can find examples of doing this in Visualforce?