function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Amanda ReamAmanda Ream 

Is there anyway to mass change profile assignments?

We are in the process of cosolidating profiles (taking it from about 10 down to 1) and I need to reassign the new profile to about 400 users. This is going to be very tedious if I have to do it one by one but I can't figure out another way to do it. I looked into inline editing, data loader, and apps but nothing seems to be available to make this kind of change en masse. Has anyone else done this before and if so, did you have to do it manually?
Best Answer chosen by Amanda Ream
PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Amanda, There is one more tool called workbench, i checked into it and i found profileid as a part of user table. It should be same in dataloader. Thanks, Pratik

All Answers

Hi Amanda,

Have you tried with DataLoader with UserId & ProfileId and then perform Update operation. 

Thanks,
Pratik
Amanda ReamAmanda Ream
I looked at dataloader but the profile ID doesn't seem to be part of the user table. Is that the table I should be updating? Maybe I just missed it?
Hi Amanda, There is one more tool called workbench, i checked into it and i found profileid as a part of user table. It should be same in dataloader. Thanks, Pratik
This was selected as the best answer
Amanda ReamAmanda Ream
Got it! Thanks Pratik!
Glad it helped! Thanks, Pratik
Trisha HinojosaTrisha Hinojosa
Not trying to revive the thread. Just wanted to say thank you. This post really helped me. Thanks!
Cory WoodsCory Woods
Not trying to revive the thread, but this is possible via data loader. Choose "user" as the object you want to update, then select your CSV file that has the profileID column, then when you navigate to the screen to match fields, the "profileID" field is available for selection.