function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Harold Crouse 8Harold Crouse 8 

Displaying a single chatter feed item

I have a use case where I need to display a single chatter feed item.  Similar to what would happen if you clicked on view comment or item button in the standard salesforce chatter email when @mentioning somone.  

I've tried setting the entityID in the chatter:feed component to the feed item id that I'm trying to access. But the feed displays nothing.  However if I get the ParentID from the feed item and set the entityID to the parentID it shows the group feed where that Item exists.  Is there a way to display just the single feed item?

ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
How about using the direct URL? Like https://na7.salesforce.com/0D53000001e7efZ
Eric MUGNIEREric MUGNIER
I have the exact same need here but couldn't find a solution. I want to show my users specific feed item in a timeline but can only show the full feed item not only for a specific. Workaround I'm currently using is to create a fake task and attach the feed manually so that in my custom timeline I'm showing the feed of this fake task but it comes with impacts like not standard and now being able to use elsewhere the default feed on a record. Any solution ?