function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Deborah OrthDeborah Orth 

Error in Data Import Wizard Trailhead Challenge

https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/force_com_introduction/data_management/data_import
I've tried 5-6 times now to use import wizard to import the file provided for the Data Management Module of Force.com Basics.  It just continues to give me an "There was a problem uploading the CSV file. Try again, or choose another file."  I've tried this on both a PC and a Mac, Chrome and Firefox and browsing to the file or drag and dropping the file, just get the same error every time.
Best Answer chosen by Deborah Orth
sfdc550sfdc550
Hi Deborah Orth,

I think "Lightning" is enabled in your org, then you will get the error i tested now. If u disable "Lightning " then you can forward to next step

If this answers you question, please mark it as "Best Answer" so it will help other community members too.

All Answers

sfdc550sfdc550
Hi Deborah Orth,

I think "Lightning" is enabled in your org, then you will get the error i tested now. If u disable "Lightning " then you can forward to next step

If this answers you question, please mark it as "Best Answer" so it will help other community members too.
This was selected as the best answer
Micah PerryMicah Perry
I had the same problem, if you continue to have issues. I got passed it by using the "Import Accounts/Contacts" option just below the wizard option.
Deborah OrthDeborah Orth
Thanks @all550 and @Micah Perry 10.  I do have lightening enabled in my org.  I also figured out the Imports Account/Contacts work-around and was able to get this completed shortly after logging this issue.
NiranjanGNiranjanG
" Import Accounts / Contacts " work around option solved this for me.
John PatersonJohn Paterson
Are we supposed to clean up the data first? There are duplicates and spelling errors etc in the data.
Ademola OladeleAdemola Oladele
I changed to the classic but the problem persists
Diego García 3Diego García 3
Sorry, I am in my way to the same challenge of Importing Data using the file suggested on the trail. Attached is my error after several tries. I do work on the Lighting version, but still not working. I tried eliminating the error attached by deleting the field "FNAME" on the CSV file. That let me go ahead but the report said that records are not found on my org ! 

Thanks in advanced for your help.
Diego García 

User-added image

Priya SubbaramanPriya Subbaraman
Hi Diego,

Please check which org you have set as the Default Org.  In your trailhead.salesforce.com lesson for Data Import wizard, under Hands-on Challenge, click on 'Hands-On Org Help' link and then set the Org where you Imported the data, as the Default Org.  I think Salesforce is looking for the records in a different Org.

For more information on How to Set the Default Org, go here:
https://force.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2824652-hands-on-challenge-dropdown-menu-options?b_id=13478

Once you set the Default Org, come back and  "Check Challenge".

Hope this helps!
Priya
r.vr.v
Hi Diego,

I had same issue like yours. I got it resolved when I changed to classic from lightening.

Jacob Tejedor SmitJacob Tejedor Smit

Hi there!

I have completed the data import successfully but, when checking the challenge, it stays loading. 

Any idea how to fix it?

Alisa TrunczikAlisa Trunczik
Hi Jacob,
I have the same problem, please let me know if you could solve it.
Thanks!:)
Javier CarvajalJavier Carvajal
Check that you have modified the data in the file correctly.
I had the same error and it was because I had not replaced some records (In my case: "cali" and "calif", I only replace "Cali" and "Calif") and that's why it did not work. You can have some other mistake that raise that error.
I hope this helps you.
Manoj K JhaManoj K Jha
Hi all if you facing problem in importing data through data import wizard to finish this challenge, try it through data loader. Load your CSV data (contact file) in insert option, do mapping for First Name , Last Name & Mobile then click Ok . Everything you do in the same org you chosen for change .
If facing any isse be contacted.
Good Luck .
Ryan Darren MoralesRyan Darren Morales
User-added image

Hi,  can anyone help? I am having an issue on mapping, it does not show any 'return' button.  Or am I just missing something?
Andrew HenryAndrew Henry
I am having the same problem, I can't see the bottom of the box either. I am hoping this issue gets fixed so that I can complete this badge. 
Andrew HenryAndrew Henry
Figured out the above issue of no complete button btw, right click on the box and reload frame, it should fix this
Rafeke Rimmer-WhiteRafeke Rimmer-White
SOOOOOOO!!!! after 2 hours...... I noticed that there are two FName and two LName fields to map!! What the hell.  You are able to check them both.  After I did this the challenge was able to see my data upload.  Finally, someone should really fix that, unless they are really trying to show us how frustrating it can be!

Tim FranciscovichTim Franciscovich
Just in case someone else was having difficulty finding the CSV file

I was having trouble finding the .csv file, When I went to download "this CSV file" it failed with the error "Failed - No file". Below is a link to where I found the file to complete this challenge. 

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trailblazer-community/files/0694S0000032gmLQAQ?tab=overview