function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
saravanan loganathansaravanan loganathan 

Opportunities not edit within the group but they can view?

Two different profiles are comes under single public group and  they can only  view the other opportunities but not edit.
Eventhough the user can able to edit the other opportunities.  how to resove it.
Best Answer chosen by saravanan loganathan
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
This seems to be default behavior - check the Opportunity to see how have they been shared the opportunity where they do not have access to EDIT.

The share level must be read only which is why the users are not able to edit those opportunities.

All Answers

This seems to be default behavior - check the Opportunity to see how have they been shared the opportunity where they do not have access to EDIT.

The share level must be read only which is why the users are not able to edit those opportunities.
This was selected as the best answer
saravanan loganathansaravanan loganathan
I tried the entire things you mentioned in the reply.  you forgot onething that two different profile comes under single public group   i.e, those who are all inside in the single group can able to edit even though share level is read only and not affected this share level inside the group? is that correct? then how can i resolve this issue?
You are saying that the two users, as per their profiles DO NOT have acces to edit the opportunity, however, in the public group - they are able to edit the opportunity.
right?

Yes, so if the Opportunity is shared with this group such that it gives then the read/write option - they will be able to do it irrespective of security  impossed by their profiles.