function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shalini SahaiShalini Sahai 

Limiting visibility of Contact Record based on User Role

So I need to display a limited view of the Contacts page based on the user's Role and also the type of contact they are accessing (its a checkbox on the Contact Page). I have created 2 page layouts and also 2 Record Types, Then I wrote a work flow to update the record type to limited view based on the User Role and check box = True. It does not work. Am I over thinking this? Is there an easier way to acccomplish this? Thanks for your help!
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
What you can do is if these users's profile can be mapped to their Role access - they can simply be assigned the record type you want them to see instead of depending the view on the role.

Assigning record type to profile:
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=users_profiles_record_types.htm&language=en_US
Shalini SahaiShalini Sahai
Thanks Sonam. The issue is that the layout changes based on the type of contact. There is a checkbox for Support Contact on the Contact page and if that is checked then the "Analyst" role users canview all the Contact Details. If NOT a Support Contact then the users can view limited information on the Contacts page. So that access is determined by role and the checkbox on the Contacts Page.