function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
saravanan loganathansaravanan loganathan 

Inside a group, opportunities can edit their own created but not to edit created by others?

different profile are joined in single public group,but they can able to edit other opportunities. we want like that  those who are created a opportunities inside a group can edit their own but others in the same group can view the opportunities and not to edit.

I gave owd for opportunties to private.

I also gave sharing rule for this group to read-only.

Even though inside group  member can edit other opportunities. how to resolve this issue?

Shruti KarnShruti Karn
Did you check how the group members have got the edit permission? You can check this via "Sharing" button on the record.
They might have got permission via role hirarchy.Check the role permission for opportunities.
User-added image

saravanan loganathansaravanan loganathan
two profile role are different i.e, one is reporting to director of one city and other one is reporting to the manager of the another city.  i check the role for the two users. They are same as above you given.

i am not clear in the first step you suggest. please explain breifly? i have to check based on your explaination
Shruti KarnShruti Karn
On opportunity record, there will be a button "Sharing". When you click on this button it will show the list of users having access to this record and the reason for granting access.

User-added image
Also, please check if the opportunities accounts have been owned by the members of the group. If the member of the group is the owner of opportunity's account, then by the above rule they will have access to edit these opportunities.