function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sharmila SangeethSharmila Sangeeth 

How to reset Sandbox account's password?

Hi,

How to reset Sandbox account's password in Production account?

Thanks
Best Answer chosen by Sharmila Sangeeth
Chidambar ReddyChidambar Reddy
Hi Sharmila,

Unless you have changed your password for sandbox, it the same password of the prodcution

Make sure that you have appended the sandbox name with your user name and the URL test.salesforce.com, or let any other user reset your password from sandbox

You should click forgot password if you have no other options, 

The other option is refreshing the sandbox

All Answers

Mohan SelvamMohan Selvam
Hi

If you go to the page below in your production org, you should be able to login to your test org. The following page will list all your sandboxes and you should see a "login" link beside them.  

Your Name | Setup | Data Management | Sandbox

Once you are in your sandbox, you should be able to change your password here:  Your Name | Setup | My Personal Information | Change My Password.

Regards
S Mohan

Hi Mithun,

Not able to login with the Sandbox password I have. Is there any other option to reset other than forgot password option?

Thanks
Hi Sharmila,

Unless you have changed your password for sandbox, it the same password of the prodcution

Make sure that you have appended the sandbox name with your user name and the URL test.salesforce.com, or let any other user reset your password from sandbox

You should click forgot password if you have no other options, 

The other option is refreshing the sandbox
This was selected as the best answer
Hi Chidambar,

"or let any other user reset your password from sandbox"

Can you brief the steps? Will refreshing the sandbox affect the apex classes?
Hi Shramila, 

Yes Refreshing Sandbox will replace sandbox metadata with the production metadata

If you have any other system admin in your org, you can ask them to login to sandbox environment, and go to the user detail where you want to reset the password, there s/he can click 'Reset Password' button
Hi Chidambar,

Thanks. Is there a way to edit apex class in production environment? Editing in Developer console in production says "Deployment failed. Can't alter metadata in an active org.". Apex class can be edited in sandbox. What are the steps to move the edited apex class to production?
You can edit the Apex Class directly in Production by Using Force.com IDE

You have multiple ways to do migration from Sandbox to Production
  1. Change sets
  2. Force.com IDE 
  3. Force.com Migration Tool (not recommended to use from sandbox to production)
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=changesets_inbound_deploy.htm&language=en_US (https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=changesets_inbound_deploy.htm&language=en_US)

Make sure that you have enabled your sandbox to Production deployment connection

Create an Outbound Change set from Sandbox, Upload it, wait for some time, Check Inbound Change sets in Production, validate it and then Deploy

Thanks Chidambar
Hi Sharmila, Choose my first reply as Best Answer as it will help others who are searching for the same

Otherwise, they would come till bottom of the page in finding the answer

Thanks
Marianna ChristineMarianna Christine
I think I have the same problem! 

Chhay ChhunChhay Chhun
What does this mean? "Make sure that you have appended the sandbox name with your user name and the URL test.salesforce.com, or let any other user reset your password from sandbox"