function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cathy369cathy369 

custom clone button issue... old school... problem with CloseDate

I've created a custom clone button set to execute JavaScript, but for some reason when i try to set a field to value of the original CloseDate, I receive an "undefined" error...as you can see in the code i am trying to set Previous_Order_Date__c to CloseDate, but receive the undefined error.. when i set it to new Date(), it's fine... not sure what to try... thanks much for any help...

try{ 

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/14.0/connection.js")} 

// ** EDIT THIS QUERY TO LIST THE FIELDS YOU WANT TO COPY ** 

var result = sforce.connection.query("Select o.StageName, o.AccountId, o.Adhesive_Seal__c, o.Priced_Per__c, o.Adjustable_Die__c, o.CloseDate, o.Artwork_Furnished_Via__c, o.Back_PMS_1__c, o.Back_PMS_2__c, o.Back_PMS_3__c, o.Back_PMS_4__c, o.Black_Back__c, o.Black_Front__c, o.Box__c, o.Carton__c, o.Cost_M__c, o.Cut_Sheets_To__c, o.DPE_Inventory__c, o.Envelope_Die_New__c, o.Envelope_Height_inches__c, o.Envelope_Style__c, o.Envelope_Width_inches__c, o.Film__c, o.Flap_Style__c, o.Flexo__c, o.Outside_PMS_1__c, o.Outside_PMS_2__c, o.Form__c, o.Front_PMS_1__c, o.Front_PMS_2__c, o.Front_PMS_3__c, o.Front_PMS_4__c, o.Grain__c, o.Internal_Notes_Materials_Etc__c, o.No_of_Bleeds_Back__c, o.No_of_Bleeds_Front__c, o.No_of_Colors_Back__c, o.No_of_Colors_Front__c, o.No_of_Negatives__c, o.No_of_PMS__c, o.No_of_Shipments__c, o.No_of_Total_Jobs__c, o.Number_Out__c, o.Offset__c, o.Other_Die_Specify__c, o.Other_Envelope_Style_Specify__c, o.Other_Packaging__c, o.Other_Paper_Weight_Specify__c, o.Packaging__c, o.Paper_Stock_Description__c, o.Paper_Type__c, o.Paper_Weight__c, o.Print_Stock_Desc_Free_Form__c, o.Print_Stock_Source__c, o.Standard_Product__c, o.Qty_per_Box__c, o.Qty_per_Carton__c, o.Stock_Source_Product__c, o.Stock_Source_Desc_Free_Form__c, o.Stock_Source__c, o.Run_Factor__c, o.Sample__c, o.Security_Tint__c,o.SheetSize__c, o.Special_Instructions__c, o.Special_Instructions_Prt__c, o.Split_Bill__c, o.Stacking_Instructions__c, o.Tint_PMS__c, o.Custom_Tint_Description__c, o.Window_1_Orientation__c, o.Window_Die__c, o.Window_Die_Sublist__c, o.Window_1_Distance_from_Bottom__c, o.Window_1_Distance_from_Left__c, o.Window_1_Height__c, o.Other_Window_Die_Specify__c, o.Window_1_Width__c, o.Window_2_Orientation__c, o.Window_2_Die__c, o.Window_2_Die_Sublist__c, o.Window_2_Distance_from_Bottom__c, o.Window_2_Distance_from_Left__c, o.Window_2_Height__c, o.Window_2_Other_Die_Specify__c, o.Window_2_Width__c, o.Exact_Repeat__c, Customer_Ship_To__c, Shipping_Street__c, Shipping_City__c, Shipping_State__c, Shipping_Zip_Postal_Code__c, Freight_Zip_Code__c, Delivery_Route__c, Will_Call__c, Ship__c From Opportunity o WHERE o.Id = '{!Opportunity.Id}'"); 

var newOpp = result.getArray("records"); 
var recType = sforce.connection.query("select name, id from recordtype where name='Print & Mfg Quote - Rate'"); 
var records = recType.getArray("records"); 
var user = sforce.connection.getUserInfo(); 

// Reset the Opp Id and reset fields to default values 

newOpp[0].Id = ''; 

// ** EDIT THESE FIELDS TO SET DEFAULT ANY VALUES ** 
newOpp[0].Name = "{!Opportunity.Name}"; 
newOpp[0].CloseDate = new Date(); 
newOpp[0].StageName ="Quote Sent"; 
newOpp[0].Cloned_From__c = "{!Opportunity.SF_Order_Number__c}"; 
newOpp[0].Quoted_By__c = sforce.connection.getUserInfo().userId; 
newOpp[0].Clone_Check__c=true; 
newOpp[0].Previous_Order__c = "{!Opportunity.SF_Order_Number__c}"; 
//newOpp[0].Previous_Order_Date__c = "{!Opportunity.CloseDate}"; 
newOpp[0].Previous_Order_Date__c = new Date(); 
newOpp[0].Exact_Repeat__c=true; 
newOpp[0].RecordTypeId='012C0000000MTQG'; 

var saveResult = sforce.connection.create(newOpp); 

if (saveResult[0].getBoolean("success")) { 
newOpp[0].id = saveResult[0].id; 
alert("*** Quote Created ***"); 
} 
else { 
alert("*** Failed to create Quote: " + saveResult[0]); 
} 

// Refresh the page to display the new oppportunity 
window.location = newOpp[0].id; 
} 
catch (err) { 
alert (err.description ); 
}

Best Answer chosen by cathy369
Phil WeinmeisterPhil Weinmeister
Hi cathy369,

Can you add a debug line and see what is output for "{!Opportunity.CloseDate}"?

I suspect you might need to manipulate/transform that output date value into the proper format to set newOpp[0].Previous_Order_Date__c to the correct date.

Thanks,
Phil

All Answers

Hi cathy369,

Can you add a debug line and see what is output for "{!Opportunity.CloseDate}"?

I suspect you might need to manipulate/transform that output date value into the proper format to set newOpp[0].Previous_Order_Date__c to the correct date.

Thanks,
Phil
This was selected as the best answer
Cathy HalperCathy Halper
Hi Phil,

thanks for the response... i had no clue how to 'debug' this, but once i did, your are absolutely right... the date needed to be transformed...

I was able to fix this using new Date():

newOpp[0].Previous_Order_Date__c = new Date("{!Opportunity.CloseDate}");

thanks again for your help.

Cathy 
Awesome! Feel free to mark as “best response” if you feel so inclined :)
Hi Cathy, Thanks for trying, it looks like you accidentally selected your own post :) Can you try to change it to my response? Thanks, Phil