function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dinesh SFDCDinesh SFDC 

Send Email Limits Uses

Hi All,

Salesforce Email limits: 
The daily limit for emails sent through email alerts is 1,000 per standard Salesforce license per organization. This limit applies to emails sent through email alerts in workflow rules, approval processes, flows, processes, or the REST API.
single email limits 1000 emails per day per org send from a trigger / apex class / API.
We can send mass email to a maximum of 1,000 external email addresses per day per organization.

My customer requiremnt is sending more than 1500 email per day from salesforce. Can any one assist if I am sending first 1000 email via apex batch & rest email send via workflow (Workflow executed updating any field in finish method of batch) in one exceution. Please suggest is this a right way to achive my requirements? Is salesforce execute this code with giving any error?
Balaji Chowdary GarapatiBalaji Chowdary Garapati

@Dinesh SFDC

Just a hint:
Email limits doesnt apply to the emails sent to internal user email id( User who has an active User license in your salesforce org). 
 If you are trying to email to a contact,lead or a person account, using workflow rules, it wont count towards limits.

In case of MassEmailing: (which have a limit of 1000 external emails/day)
You can raise a ticket with salesforce to increase the limit of emails, which usually they do with a probable increase of license cost. Or you can conssider  external emailing tools/connectors from salesforce like silverpop to send emails and track them!

Thanks,
balaji
Dinesh SFDCDinesh SFDC
Thanks Balaji for update.

I have checked salesforce govener limit docs, It mentioned sending emails to contacts, Lead & Users using setTargetObjectId does not count against Email limit But it only working for User not for contacts. I haven't check email through workflow for sending more than 1000 emails.

Balaji please suggest about my approach this one fine or not? Because I have tried email send in developer org using my Idea mentioned in above comment, then I am able to send more than 25 email(15 using apex class + 10 using workflow) in one execution. But I am worried about this idea working production environments or not?

I have chat with salesforce case team but he is clearly mentioned Salesforce not sending emails limit beyond email limits. Ok!

Is customer portal user is organization internal user? 
Balaji Chowdary GarapatiBalaji Chowdary Garapati

@Dinesh SFDC:

Emails to portal users wont be counted if they have an active saleforce user license. I have a question, why two different approaches in sending similar emails? it would be a maintenance issue if some thing doesnt work! I would recommend to have one approach, use workflows for sending emails, based on your criteria, just update the record which triggers emails!

Hope it helps:

Thanks,

balaji

Venu EVenu E
Hello,

Say Hello to MassMailer and Say Goodbye to Salesforce Limitations!!

MassMailer lets you send unlimited emails from within Salesforce, no matter which edition you use. Built on the Salesforce platform, it has all the mass email features you’ll ever need.

Send unlimited emails no matter how large your email list of lead,contacts or/and users.

You can  play with this app free trail for 15 days -  https://goo.gl/wvcZ3P

Do you want to know more details click here https://goo.gl/e0RtSm

Regards
Venu E