function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kumud DixitKumud Dixit 

How to implement access restriction for Salesforce workbench (tool to execute SOQL/SOSL queries)

Dear Friends,

Greetings!

We have developed an application on  Salesforce. Right now I'm working on partner developer edition on next version of the application. 

I can access data for the application using workbench (https://workbench.developerforce.com/login.php) with credentials of any user created on this partner developer edition (including system admin user).

My query is:

Is there any way we can restrict access to workbench for the users. i.e. I want the access for workbench to be given to certain users and NOT to all.

Because access to workbench for all users is compromising the data security of the application.

Can you please guide me on this issue.

Thanks and regards

Anup
Best Answer chosen by Kumud Dixit
PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Anup,

Greta to hear that the solution helped you. You can select the best answer so it will help other community members having the same issue.

Thanks,
Pratik

All Answers

Hi Anup,

You can restrict the users from accessing workbench by permission on profile "API Enabled". If this checkbox is disabled, the user will not be able to login to workbench.

Thanks,
Pratik
Kumud DixitKumud Dixit
Hi Prateek,

I've today tested the solution you suggested and it is working. Thanks a alot for your reply! Sorry for responding late!

Regards

Anup
Hi Anup,

Greta to hear that the solution helped you. You can select the best answer so it will help other community members having the same issue.

Thanks,
Pratik
This was selected as the best answer
Troy CenterTroy Center
Anup, Could you select the correct Best Answer? The best answer is Pratik, "You can restrict the users from accessing workbench by permission on profile "API Enabled". If this checkbox is disabled, the user will not be able to login to workbench." Thanks Pratik!