function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Paola LuraschiPaola Luraschi 

Import custom object option no longer available

Hi! we have a client that is using a salesforce's sandbox with a profile that allow him to import custom objects using the wizard import. Last october,  he used the import wizard with success, but today (January 2015) he can no longer find the option Import Custom Object in the setup section. Any ideas?
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Paola,

I've just checked this option and am able to see it on the Spring'15 ORG(screenshot attached). Can you please share the ORG ID where your client is checking this option.User-added image
The organization ID is the follow: 00Dg00000004xfg. If I enter as system administrator I can visualize and use the import custom object wizard and also the Data Import Wizard. If i enter as Limited System administrator (a custom profile), the two options aren't available. Some months ago the Import custom object wizard was available also with the Limited system administrator profile and I did not change anything.
Can the passage from winter 14 features to spring 15 cause problems?
Does the limited system admin has Modify all data permission in his/her profile...I understand that perm is required for a user to have this feature available, could you please check this limited profiel and cofirm if it has this oerm enabled

Looking at the help doc(https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=importing_unified.htm&language=en) don't think this change has been introduced in Spring'15 though..
Hi Sonam,

here below you can find the permissions for the system administrator (this profile can import custom object)

Adm Permission fo system administrator

and here you can find the permissions for the Limited System Administrator

Limited Adm permissions

It seems they have the same permissions (I don't know why the Modify all Data feature isn't visible), but the administrator can import custom objects , instead the limited adm profile can't (and this problem  has arisen recently). 

Thanks a lot
Hmm..this is strange - I would need to check this on your ORG and investigate this further - could you please send across your ORG ID and username(provide Salesforce Support login access for 7 days) to sraju @ salesforce dot com
Sravanthi ErraSravanthi Erra
Under Setup, the only option available is Data Management > Data import Wizard. But, if you go to the shortcut tab on the right, say click on Positions for ex, and you see the shortcut menu on the right, the last option on the menu is Import Data. When you click on that, you will be taken to the Custom Object Import Wizard. The next steps should work as desired, no errors! Voila!