function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
S Babu.ax1883S Babu.ax1883 

Impact Analysis

How to do Impact analysis to salesforce projects?
PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi S Babu,

Will you please elaborate and also let us know if there is any ise case so we can help you.

Thanks,
Prtaik
Rahul Reddy 1Rahul Reddy 1
Pratik

I have a semilar problem

I'm trying to analyse the potential impact of proposed changes to picklist values. Is there any tool or utility available which assists with this?

I'm finding it particularly time consuming having to open the definitions of a huge set of Reports to determine whether or not the fields in question are used as selection criteria.

Also i need to know if the changes to the piclist values effects any VF pages and WF?

In short how do i start doing impact analysis? And how to know where all the field is used?

Rahul
nick porternick porter
Silwood Technology produce a product called Safyr that reverse engineers Salesforce metadata using the Metadata API.  You can make datamodels in a range of environments using this, and also it has a comparison feature so that metadata from different instances or taken at different times can be compared.
Florent PreynatFlorent Preynat
Hi all,

Might be late to the party, but my company (http://odaseva.com) has an app that tackles the subjet of Salesforce Backup & Restore, as well as Salesforce Release Management. Within the RMT suite, there's a product called odaseva Impact, which allows you check the level of impact of your application changes before attempting them.

Get in touch with our team to find out more.