function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Baba GBaba G 

Lightning app builder is necessary !

Hello All,
            I'm using developer org and I want to develop an lightning app.I just have a option of "Lightning component" so that I wanna know that do I need "Lightning app builder " Is yes thn how can I enable that option?
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Shubham, you can directly go to the developer console and start creating the lighting app:
http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/lightning/lightning.pdf
Baba GBaba G
Hello Sonam,thanks again for helping me,but can you please tell me the use of lightning app builder if we can develop app in lightning without it?

KK Ramamoorthy:-)KK Ramamoorthy:-)
Lightning App builder is a drag and drop WYSIWYG editor for building lightning apps. You can drag drop both standard and custom components. This is mainly aimed at Business users but can also be used by developers.

Lightning App builder is in pilot, hence you are not seeing it in your development org. Try to spin up a developer edition org once Spring '15 is out and see if you are able to see the app builder.

You don't necessarily need app builder for building lightning apps. You can use developer console to create an app by manually coding to include the compinents(standard and custom). Once saved, you should this app in the Lightning Apps setup menu.
Brent Adams 8Brent Adams 8
is there a way to add it to the pre spring 15 dev org so I don't have to redo all of the modules to complete the whole admin intermediate courses?