function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rahul Reddy 1Rahul Reddy 1 

Need Immediate Assistance with following questions Pls

1) How to make a custom field searchable?
Ans:
2) Explain a Junction object and a scenario where created and used? (Real time Scenario where a junction object was created)
Ans:
3)Can’t we create different layouts instead of record type for different process instead of Record Type?
Ans:
4)Can we create an auto approval process? Can we create an approval process where an approval and submit button are clicked automatically through coding?
Ans:
5)Can we create an approval page layout? Is it out of the box?Ans:

6)When you change a picklist value for a system in production? How do you know the effect of its change and how do you know where the picklist is already in use?
Ans:

7)What are the common / major issues (atleast 3) when you deploy a project?
Ans:

8)Please explain 3 critical issues faced by you as Admin and how did you resolve them?
Ans:

I would higly appreciate any immediate response and help.
Thanks and Regards
Rahul

Shaijan ThomasShaijan Thomas
Ans: By default all the fields are searhable, if you need to create index contact Salesforce. If search is happing regularly salesforce will automatically create index for the field on upgrade.
2) Explain a Junction object and a scenario where created and used? (Real time Scenario where a junction object was created)
Ans:  Junction object will help to create a M-M relationship. 
3)Can’t we create different layouts instead of record type for different process instead of Record Type?
Ans: Based on the record type you can decide the layout, ie which layout needs to display for the user. ex. Different type contacts need (Business, personal etc..) different information. But all this info saves in same object contact
4)Can we create an auto approval process? Can we create an approval process where an approval and submit button are clicked automatically through coding?
Ans: Yes we can. Suppose the status is changed to Accepted, we can send it for approval. User can click the button submit for approval
Ans : Its outof the box. If needed we can create as inline.
6)When you change a picklist value for a system in production? How do you know the effect of its change and how do you know where the picklist is already in use?
Ans: Only the Business will know about the impact of a value.

Ans: 1. Dependent component are missing, 2. Already field(Component) exist in the target environment.

8)Please explain 3 critical issues faced by you as Admin and how did you resolve them?
Ans: 
Rahul Reddy 1Rahul Reddy 1
Shaijan

Appreciate your quick response. However i am looking for detailed answers will truly appreciate if you could help me on these. I have made my comments bold and underlined for the answers provided.

Ans: By default all the fields are searhable, if you need to create index contact Salesforce. If search is happing regularly salesforce will automatically create index for the field on upgrade.

For custom fields i think we need to use seach layouts and make it instantly searchable. Or we have some other soultion as i did say the above one you gave and it was turned down.

Ans:  Junction object will help to create a M-M relationship. 

I understand what Junction Object is and its used for M-M Relationships and we need 2 master detail for it i was looking for an realtime senario where it was created as i never came across one.

Ans: Based on the record type you can decide the layout, ie which layout needs to display for the user. ex. Different type contacts need (Business, personal etc..) different information. But all this info saves in same object contact.

My question was instead of record types why cant we create diff page layouts. Like Lead Marketing and Lead Sales Page Layout and assign it to profiles.

Ans: Yes we can. Suppose the status is changed to Accepted, we can send it for approval. User can click the button submit for approval

My Question was instead of instead of clicking button can we write some code and create a submit and appoval process. If yes how.

Ans : Its outof the box. If needed we can create as inline.

I dont know where is Approval page layout if its not there can you please guide me how to create it.

Ans: Only the Business will know about the impact of a value.

I wanted to know like we check field dependencies button prior changing the value in picklist what are the sequential steps to do impact analysis. If there is impact like if the filed is part of workflow we deactivate it change it and then activate the workflow. What other dependencies are possile few examples and also to over come them

Ans: 1. Dependent component are missing, 2. Already field(Component) exist in the target environment.

Can you please explain how to overcome or resolve the above issues.

Ans:

Any thing for question 8.

Thank  you in advance