function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Admin User 823Admin User 823 

INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'My_Custom_Object__c' is not supported

I am trying to execute a SOQL query via the saleforce enterprise API, from a Visual Studio applciation.

My query works on a full sandbox of my Org, but not on the Org itself, it give the error: INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'My_Custom_Object__c' is not supported.

I am running the query under the system administrator credentials.
I have checked that these credentials have access to all the relevant objects. (In fact it has access to every single object.)
The objects are under a managed package, but there are no restrictions in place on the objects. (I have tried enabling restrictions and granting access to the necessary objects, but this has no effect.)

The custom objects are visible in the Visual Studio 'Object Browser', but if I return a DescribeGlobalResult object and echo out all the object names, the ones from within my managed packages are not visible.

Does any one have any idea why this does not work?  And how can it be that it works in the full sandbox?

Thanks.
Jitender  PaddaJitender Padda
I believe you need a license for that managed package to get acces to its objects.
Admin User 823Admin User 823
The managed packages are mine.  If it was a license issue, would that not also apply to the sandbox?  It would also prevent me from accessing those objects via the browser, but that is not a problem.  It is only when I go via the API.
Arun Singh 45Arun Singh 45
Hi we also  experiencing the same issue  .did you find any solution for this problem ?

Nikita ChizhikNikita Chizhik
check this.User-added image
Nikita ChizhikNikita Chizhik
I know that it is not your question probably) but maybe you just clicked it accidentally. Or someone like me will come here when dev console says : "type prefix_Object__c is nor supported".