function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JWykelJWykel 

Developer Console Error

Since the sandbox update to Spring '15, our sandbox has been unable to save in the Developer Console. We can open items (classes, pages, etc) but when we try to save them, we get "Failed to create createContainerMember for containerId=undefined: null is not a valid containerId" errors and they do not save.

We have tried the resolution found in this solution: https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000204953&language=en_US
but creating a new Workspace does not work (as in the Workspace is not created) and it does not fix the save issue. 
We have also tried switching workspaces, which also does not work.

We have cleared cache and tried on multiple computers from multiple networks.
Best Answer chosen by JWykel
JWykelJWykel

Getting creative, instead of trying to create a workspace (which was not doing anything), I actually deleted my workspaces.  After deleting them, I was then able to create a new one and it will now let me save.

All Answers

Vishnu VaishnavVishnu Vaishnav
Hi Jacob,

U can try this..
    1. Create a new workspace from the Developer Console
    2. Go to Developer Console -> Work Space -> New Workspace
    3. Create a new workspace
    4. Save classes/triggers

:::======================================================================:::
Qusetion Solved ? then mark as best answer to make helpful to others .....
For more discussion you can reach out here:
vishnukumarramawat@gmail.com
JWykelJWykel
Hi vishnu,
Thank you for the reply.
As the original post states, we have tried that solution and it a) does not create the workspace and b) does not fix the problem.
JWykelJWykel
This is why companies should not push support for their system functionalities off to a public forum! I can fully understand pointing people to a developer forum for developer support, but when it comes to part of the *system* not working, that nobody besides SalesForce can fix, it becomes a giant problem.  I now have a sandbox, with active projects, that will not let me develop on using the tools given to me; I either have to create a new sandbox, spend the time transfering all active projects over to it, or sit and wait for a SF person to stumble upon this question that is drowned out by all of the actual valid 'developer' questions.  

This leaves us in a position of paying a great deal of money for a service that provides no support for when part of that service breaks.

/rant
And, yes, I used the rant to bump this post, as the problem persists, regardless of the attempted workarounds.

Is there nobody else experiencing these problems? Are we alone in the ocean?
JWykelJWykel

Getting creative, instead of trying to create a workspace (which was not doing anything), I actually deleted my workspaces.  After deleting them, I was then able to create a new one and it will now let me save.

This was selected as the best answer
Audiseshaiah MaddaliAudiseshaiah Maddali
Hi,
I am new to salesforce and I have created a developer account. The developer console not allowing me to save any class and pages. I am getting "Creating or Updating containerMember for containerId=undefined" error message. I have tried creating new workspace and deleted the old workspace. But it does not resolved my issue.

Jonathan Meltzer 8Jonathan Meltzer 8
I am getting this error now as well.  A recent issue, but persistent.
David Roberts 4David Roberts 4
Me too. I'm trawling for a solution while I await contact from support. Fingers crossed they can resolve it.
David Roberts 4David Roberts 4
Hi Jacob,

Deleteing the Default workspace (only one I'd used) did the trip. Many thanks!

Dave.
Uttam SaiRajUttam SaiRaj
Hi,

The Error may b due to the using of Lightning components, if that error persists , just copy the URL of developer Console and open it in new tab.

Hope it helps you.