function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ying liuying liu 

Spring15 enable apex flex queue

Hi,

Spring'15:
Submit more batch jobs with apex flex queue:
To enable Apex Flex Queue in an existing organization, activate the Apex Flex Queue critical update in Setup.
To monitor and reorder held batch jobs in the Salesforce user interface, from Setup click Jobs > Apex Flex Queue.

I have activated the Apex Flex Queue in critical update in my full sandbox. But I cannot find Jobs > Apex Flex Queue.
Are there any other configuration?

Thanks.
Best Answer chosen by ying liu
ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
You can have this enabled by raising a developer support case with salesforce. If you do not have premier support, please email me at ssrivatsavaya@salesforce.com referencing this post and include your org Id (cannot be a developer edition) in the email.

All Answers

You can have this enabled by raising a developer support case with salesforce. If you do not have premier support, please email me at ssrivatsavaya@salesforce.com referencing this post and include your org Id (cannot be a developer edition) in the email.
This was selected as the best answer
ying liuying liu
Hi Shashank,

Sorry to miss your reply. 
I had raised a case to salesforce last week. And the supporter helped me open this function.
But I still have some concerns.
I don't understand why we should activate the Apex Flex Queue in critical update but this function has to be enabled by salesforce.
Can you help me about this?

Thanks much!
Salesforce has 2 ways of releasing new features/changes. One is through releases, and the other is through critical updates, based on release complexity of the feature/change. Though critical updates are not as common as releases, it is still normal and nothing to be concerned about, and they moreover give control to the system administrators to test out the feature in a sandbox before it automatically gets updated. In some cases, the critical update might not deploy the feature/change as expected, due to some internal issues, but you need not be concerned about it as salesforce support will help you out with it and provide feedback to the concerned internal resources regarding the occurances so it can be taken care of.