function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Samuel Gonsalves 8Samuel Gonsalves 8 

Force.com Subcription license user cannot access report in salesforce

Hi All,

I have a user which has "Force.com Subcription license". He cannot able to access the report which is been saved under Unfied public report. I have even change the folder and given access to that folder but still getting the same error as "Insufficient Privelege".
Can anyone please help me out with this.

Thanks,

Regards,
Samuel
Marty C.Marty C.
Hello, Samuel, based on the "Standard User License" page[1] on Help & Training and the "Force.com Announces New Pricing and Packaging" blog post[2], I believe that in theory a Force.com App Subscription user should be able to run a report in the Unfiled Public Reports. The reason I think you are getting the "Insufficient Privileges" error is that your report contains a standard object (e.g., Opportunities) that is not accessible with the Force.com App Subscription license.

Would you check and report back on what objects are contained in the report your user cannot access? And can you confirm that the same user is able to run a different report, such as one that simply shows all accounts in Salesforce, using the standard Accounts report type?

[1]: "Standard User License" page (https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=users_license_types_available.htm&language=en_US)
[2]: "Force.com Announces New Pricing and Packaging" blog post (http://blogs.salesforce.com/company/2013/03/forcecom-announces-new-pricing-and-packaging.html)
Samuel Gonsalves 8Samuel Gonsalves 8
Thanks Marty for your quick response.

Yes the report is on Opportunity and quote and both are not visible on object settings page. I am able to see accounts reports as suggested. Is it a limitation. Is there any way we can achieve this.

Thanks.
Marty C.Marty C.
Hello, Samuel, the best, most legitimate way would be for you to upgrade your users' licenses from Force.com App Subscription to the standard Salesforce license.

However, if you really want to try to get around the licensing limitation, one technical method may be to create a trigger that automatically creates a shadow record (i.e., a copy) of each opportunity, to be stored in a custom object that is accessible to Force.com App Subscription users. However, I'm honestly not sure whether this is a violation of the terms in the contract with salesforce.com, and as a result I cannot recommend this approach as a workaround.