function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
akallioWileyakallioWiley 

Can't log into Workbench from Custom Domain

Hello, I am experimenting the SSO in a sandbox. I have deployed a custom domain and have SSO working. Now I am testing 3rd party tools that I uset to access my org. I accessed the org with dataloader without an issue. I'm running into problems with Workbench. From the login page: https://workbench.developerforce.com/login.php

I choose the 'Log into a custom domain' option, and enter the domain. The result upon clicking the Continue buttion is red border appears around the domain. No error message. 

has anybody else ran into this?

Thanks!
Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal
Are you using your own instance of Workbench or the one at workbench.developerforce.com ?

If my answer helps resolve your query, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' to benefit others and improve the overall quality of Discussion Forums.

CRMScienceKirkCRMScienceKirk
I was having the same issue with sandboxes for a particular client.  Within the Salesforce UI, navigate to your User record and scroll down to the "OAuth Connected Apps" section and revoke "Workbench" (or each, if multiple appearances).  Close any open Workbench windows and for grins log out of your sandbox.  Log back into the sandbox, then try Workbench again.
sales.forcesales.force
Usually the red border around the custom domain means that the url you have entered is not properly formed. I see this occurring when you copy and paste the domain with the HTTP:// at the beginning. Salesforce prepends this to your domain so delete the extra one or omit it when you copy the domain name.