function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rabbani sayyed 8Rabbani sayyed 8 

Can anyone tell me that what are the major challenges we face while deploying the code into production by using the changesets?

Sagar PareekSagar Pareek
1.The major and most common challenge is Failure of test case ( as all the test cases run once you deploy and if something related to dependency or govorner limits came across tests will fail),
2.Permissions to the users ( if you forgot to configure the user/profile permissions)
3.Overidding of existing code ( if you did something wrong with new code,there is no way restore ) -- recommendation is to keep a back up copy on your machine before deployment.  
Rabbani sayyed 8Rabbani sayyed 8
Hi sagar
I have a quey that, let suppose whenever i am deploying the code into production if i get any exception or error.How would i know that what is that exception or error and how can i rectify that. Can you help me sagar on this?
sandeep sankhlasandeep sankhla
Hi Rabbani,

Before Deploying everything to Production you can validate your changeset and if there is any error while validating..you will get all those errors by clicking show errors...than you can fix those and again validate your changeset against production..

Let me know if you need more on this..
Lakshman KanukolluLakshman Kanukollu
What is this changesets can any one explain please iam new to salesforce
RJ12RJ12

@Lakshman Kanukollu
Generally, we use Sandbox environment for customization, Writing code and Testing the code. All of the development and testing occurs in the Sandbox environment, and then the changes are promoted to the production organization. We use changesets to send configuration changes from one organization to another.

To send customizations from your current organization to another organization, you create an outbound change set. Once you send the change set, the receiving organization sees it as an inbound change set.

For clear understanding see this video (http://salesforce.vidyard.com/watch/yuOAaYF_-vtWigiqXxndVQ).