function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rm18rm18 

Mac OSx 10.10 Yosemite: Force.com v31 plugin doesn't show up in perspective in Eclipse luna

Hello,

The issue is the same my mac is OSx 10.10 Yosemite which accepts only java se 7 or higher so i downloaded java se 8 and also installed eclipse luna 64 bit coz eclipse kepler and helios i tried to install they need java se6  not se8 so further i tried to install force.com plugin which installed successfully as i can check from about eclipse>installation details> force.com ide v31 is installed but when i check from perspective it doesn't show up.
i tried to re install plugin, restart eclipse and check in perspective still force.com ide not found 
and in the add repository> the location used to fill up automatically in past and now its empty i need to manually enter the url for force.com ide to download from internet into eclipse luna
please help to resolve this issue asap...Appreciate your help!
logontokartiklogontokartik
Can you see Force.com in your eclipse preferences? Also one thing I would suggest you to do is to go to the actaul eclipse folder and check if the force.com plugin jars are present? something like com.salesforce.ide..

You can delete the eclipse folder / clean up trash, and then try to extract the eclipse in a different location, and install the force.com ide plugin again and see if it works.

Rancho IyerRancho Iyer
I'm having the same problem with my Eclipse on Mac. Did you get any solution to make it work ? 
Laurence C.Laurence C.
Hi Guys,

This might work for you.

I had the same problem on MacOSx Mavericks (10.9.5), JDK 7, and Eclipse 4.2 (Juno).

In summary, this is what worked for me:
Adding a reference to the jdk into the eclipse.ini did the trick for me (see below) to force Eclipse to use the jdk when starting up. For some reason, even though I selected the appropriate JDK as stated by Mike DelGaudio's solution, force.com perspective still wasn't available. The key here is to make sure you use a JDK for Eclipse.

Detailed steps I took, which worked:
1. Close Eclipse
2. Open Terminal and execute the following on the shell:
 /usr/libexec/java_home 

You will get something like (this maybe different depending on which JDK version you installed - but JDK 7 worked for me):
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_75.jdk/Contents/Home

3.  Edit the eclipse.ini  and point to the appropriate JDK path from step 2.
Instructions on how to edit eclipse.ini here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse.ini#-vm_value:_Mac_OS_X_Example

For me, I added the following to the end of my eclipse.ini file:
-vm
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_75.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java

4. Install Force.com IDE as per normal (I installed version 31)
-- Instructions here: https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation

~~~~~~~~~~
My eclipse.ini looked like the following (don't copy and paste the whole thing - only pay attention to the last two lines starting with -vm:
~~~~~~~~~~
-startup
../../../plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20120522-1813.jar
--launcher.library
../../../plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.cocoa.macosx.x86_64_1.1.200.v20120913-144807
-product
org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
-showsplash
org.eclipse.platform
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
256m
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
-vm
-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.5
-Dhelp.lucene.tokenizer=standard
-XstartOnFirstThread
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.smallFonts
-XX:MaxPermSize=512m
-Xms512m
-Xmx1024m
-Xdock:icon=../Resources/Eclipse.icns
-XstartOnFirstThread
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.smallFonts
-vm

Rancho IyerRancho Iyer
I got this solved by installing Eclipse JUNO version. Previously I had installed Kepler version and that was causing all the problem . 

Gaurav Kumar 100Gaurav Kumar 100
Instead of tingling with eclipse here and there i prefer reinstalling entire application on system. In case if you want to have updated version of Eclipse then you can visit Java Training Online (http://javatrainingonline.us). Here you will get executable file of eclipse, plus step by step guidelines for installating it.