function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
David KelertasDavid Kelertas 

Advanced use of Milestone feature Apex Class for the Time Trigger

Has anyone ever considered adding custom number fields on the Service Contract object for setting desired response times (in minutes) for each priority and then use "Apex Class for the Time Trigger" feature on a milestone to look-up and return these desired response times according to the Account the case belongs to? Therefore only one entitlement process would be required with each Service Contract being where SLA response times can vary from customer to customer (According to the Service Contract assigned to the Account).

Alternatively adding custom response time fields to the Account record (to reduce one layer of complexity and avoid a 1-M relationship of Accounts to Service Contracts).

I basically want to have many bespoke response, follow-up, workaround and resolution times for each customer without having to have an entitlement process for each customer.

I can't see any examples where someone has tried to have a really complex SLA setup. We are selling complex support agreements for enterprise software, not warranties for TVs.

Thanks all, I bet there is someone smart enough to know if this is possible. I'm no Apex expert and want this theory knocked on the head by someone (or validated) before going too far down this path.