function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Karna_ShivaKarna_Shiva 

How can I restrict my user from Approving Opportunity?, untill he fill the mandatory fields on Opportunity header

Horizontal User is creating opportunity with less fields and sending approval request to Vertical user.
Vertical User is suppose to fill the mandatory fields on request opportunity,but vertical user is simply approving and not filling any details, so how can I restrict my vertical user from Approving???
SF AdminSF Admin
Hi,

to restrict user from doing anything . we use validation rule. please check:
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=fields_about_field_validation.htm
and 
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=fields_useful_field_validation_formulas.htm

Important :
If this is what you were looking for then please mark it as a "SOLUTION" or You can Click on the "Like" Button if this was beneficial for you.

Regards
PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Karna,

You can create the Validation rule based on the Profile (which will cover your vertical users).

e.g. ISBLANK(fieldname) && Profilename/Role = profile/role name for vertical user.

Hope this will help you!

Thanks,
Pratik
Karna_ShivaKarna_Shiva
I have written validationn to through error while approving, but it is not any throwing error

Validatio Condition:
Approved__c == true  then suppose to through error.

Approval step is updating the Approved__c = true.

Approval process simply updating Approved__c field as true and validation rules are ignoring this errors.

Kindly give me suitable solution.

Regards,
Karna.
SF AdminSF Admin
Hi karna,

I think you are using approval process and not the validation rule.

write validation on your field (Approved__c) ....if Approved__c== true ....through your error.

Regards,

Karna_ShivaKarna_Shiva
I have written validation rules, plz see attachment.
User-added image