function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chandra SekaranChandra Sekaran 

Pop Up is not coming in Firefox?

Hi,
I have one formula field. Inside that, I wrote one Hyperlink with javascript. We can get the VF page as a Popup from that javascript. The pop-up is coming Google Chrome.But not coming in Firefox.My code is below...
HYPERLINK("javascript:window.open('/apex/MDFUpdateRejectionReason?Id="&Id+"', '_blank', 'resize=no,status=no,location=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no,width=400,height=300,left=600,top=300');","(Click here to update the rejection reason)")

Please help me on this.

Best Answer chosen by Chandra Sekaran
Zuinglio Lopes Ribeiro JúniorZuinglio Lopes Ribeiro Júnior

Hello Chandra,

Try the formula below:

HYPERLINK("javascript:window.open('/apex/AssociateOpportunity?Id="&Id+"', '_blank', 'resize=no,status=no,location=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no,width=400,height=300,left=600,top=300');this.preventDefault();","(Click here to update the rejection reason)", "_self")

I've added the parameter "_self" to prevent your link from opening a new tab and added this.preventDefault(); at the event of your js to prevent the link from executing its normal behavior.

Regards.

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helps you.

All Answers

StephenKennyStephenKenny
Hi Chandra,

Popups are controlled withen the browser settings so you should check your firefox settings for popups - perhaps they have been disabled? Following that, the next step would be to inspect your code in Firebug (or some alternitive) to see if the Javascript is throwing an error.
Zuinglio Lopes Ribeiro JúniorZuinglio Lopes Ribeiro Júnior

Hello Chandra,

Try the formula below:

HYPERLINK("javascript:window.open('/apex/AssociateOpportunity?Id="&Id+"', '_blank', 'resize=no,status=no,location=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no,width=400,height=300,left=600,top=300');this.preventDefault();","(Click here to update the rejection reason)", "_self")

I've added the parameter "_self" to prevent your link from opening a new tab and added this.preventDefault(); at the event of your js to prevent the link from executing its normal behavior.

Regards.

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helps you.

This was selected as the best answer
Chandra SekaranChandra Sekaran
Thanks Very much  Zuinglio. This problem solved.Appreciate your help.
Thanks for your answer  stephen.