function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nithya S 1Nithya S 1 

Approval Process

Hey all,
I am using the standard approval process when a record is submitted. I wanted to know if there is a way to notify all approvers of different approval steps at the same time.
So let's say I have 5 approval steps. On the record, I choose a value in the field that triggers approval processes for steps 2 and 3. At the moment, the request is sent to the approver 2. Once approver 2 approves, it will move to approver 3. I would want both the approvers to be notified at the same time. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!
Carolina Ruiz MedinaCarolina Ruiz Medina
Hi Nithya, 

Sorry as I'm not quite sure how exactly did you set up the approval processes but I'm going to try to explain how to set up more than one approver in one approval process step and both of them will get the email at the same time , hopefully it will help :) 

You have the aproval process , and the 5 steps, in one of the steps 2 aprovers need to be notified at the same time. Then edit the step where you need to add the 2 aprovers, go to the 3rd seciton and set up the 2 approvers. When these are set , they both will get the email to approve at the same time

Here it is a pic :   User-added image
( you can choose also Approve or reject based on the First response) 

Thanks,
Carolina. 
Nithya S 1Nithya S 1
Hey Carolina, Thanks! But that's not what I'm looking for. I want two approvers of different steps to be notified at the same time. Something like parallel approvers but meeting criteria of two different steps. At the moment, the first approver of step 1 gets notified and then the first approver of step 2. But I would want all first approvers of both step 1 and step 2 to be notified at the same time. Let me know if this helps! Thanks again!