function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Martin GrindeMartin Grinde 

API name of 'Project__c

Hi

In the task:

You’ve been asked to create a custom object for tracking projects. The Project custom object records should only be visible to the owner of the record and users above the owner on the role hierarchy. Create the Project custom object and then create an organization-wide default for the Project object to accommodate for this use case.The custom object must be named 'Project' with a resulting API name of 'Project__c'.

I have created the Project object but cant have the API name Project__c. This is beacuse it has two underscore __ and i get the error that this is not possible. But if I try with only one underscore i get:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
An object with the API name Project__c does not exist

Is this a bug or am I doing someting wrong? Thanks
Sagar PareekSagar Pareek
Hi Martin,

I guess you are entering name of the object as Project__c . You need to only enter Project and when you will press TAB the api name will automaticallly generate. 
Harshit PandeyHarshit Pandey
API name is auto-generated with a appended __c for custom object label, the label of your object/field could be a text string. Also, if I were you, I would have make sure, that user taking test (your logged in id) have permissions (visible) to see/access project record at the same time.

-Harshit
PrinceAroraPrinceArora
Hi,

First Create the Object label  Project API name automatically display.
Second Go to Securty control --->  Sharing Settings  --> Click Edit --->Go -->  Project Object ---> Default External Access is Private 
Third Step Grant Access Using Hierarchies ---> Check box True.
Challenge Complete 

Thank You
Prince Arora
Maurice TrouteMaurice Troute
No one answered this question. The OP is correct, the activity specifically asks for Project_ _c as the API name. selecting the default causes the activity check to fail...

User-added image

when the default is used:

User-added image
Maurice TrouteMaurice Troute
Problem solved: Do not enter the _ _c manually, Just 'Project"