function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Paul WatsonPaul Watson 

OAuth policy settings like Refresh Token Policy and API Consumer Key / Secret not available

Hey folks, 
We have a client that is trying to install our managed package. As part of this process, the setup steps involve the creation of a Connected App along with the requirement to edit the OAuth policy options. They can create the Connected App, but then client says they only have the single option of "Immediately expire refresh token" in the Refresh Token Policy. The other options for "Refresh token is valid until revoked" is not available (screenshot below shows what we typically see during other installations)

User-added image

They also cannot see the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret. The OAuth API section of the screen is blank in their case. 
User-added image

Why are these settings not showing up on their screen? They are logged in with admin role during this install process.

Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal
I would recommend checking the following
  • The permissions are correct -> “Customize Application” AND either“Modify All Data” OR “Manage Connected Apps”
  • They are creating a 'Connected App' as there are other types of apps -> New Custom App available under Setup -> Create -> Apps
If my answer helps resolve your query, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' to benefit others and improve the overall quality of Discussion Forums.
Consultant PragmaConsultant Pragma
Hello Paul,
We have the same issue. My client only have the option Immediately expire refresh token available. Did you found an explanation ?
All the permissions mentionned by Gaurav are correct and it is a connected app.
JconsultantJconsultant
I'm having the same issue with the Refresh Token Policy only allowing "Immediately expire refresh token" to be selected.  Anyone else find a solution as to why this might be the case?
Sylvie DaoSylvie Dao
http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/69161/refresh-token-policy-locked-to-immediatly-expire-token