function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ALVARO COSTAALVARO COSTA 

Trailhead challange problem: Workflow rules

Hi all, 
I'm a newby in Salesforce so I decided to start learning with the Trailhead. 
I have completed all the challanghes related to the "Getting Started with the Force.com Platform". 
This morning I started with the part 2: "Intro to Visual App Development". 

The fist challenge for Workflow Atuomation is about "Automated Process with Workflow". 
I did the challenge but I receive a failure even if It should seems to run correctly in my Develper Edition Platform. 
Tha error massage received by the check challange button is "Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: Case escalation failed to assign a task to the owner."

I say that all seems to work fine because I edited e case, set up the Priority to High and: 
1) The Escaleted flag was set automatically to true as per the rule action defined
2) I receive a notification about escalation on that case (because I'm the owner of the case as per the task definition field)
3) An activity under the case was automatically created and assigne to me. 

As anyone tha same problem?
Any help would be much appreciated. 
Thank's in advance,
Alvaro. 
Best Answer chosen by ALVARO COSTA
ALVARO COSTAALVARO COSTA
For the benefits of other users...
I solved the problem. 

I bad understood that I was asked to create a time - dependant workflow action to assign the task to Case owner. 
becouse in the challenge I read: 
NOTE: Since Workflow rules only fire on record save, normally you would implement this with a time-triggered workflow action

So, I removed the time-dependand action to assign the task and I created a new Immediate Workflow action of type "Task". 

This solved the problem and I got the challenge Complete. 
Alvaro. 

All Answers

KaranrajKaranraj
Make sure you have named workflow rule and actions as per the Trailhead challange else it won't completed and also check the priority and other informations
ALVARO COSTAALVARO COSTA
Thank you Karanraj. 
Appreciated the response. 
I was sure about the names ...
The problem now is that I deleted the Workflow field update "'Set Case to Escalated" (Set_Case_to_Escalated unique name) becouse I would like to retry from scratch. 
Now the problem is that the system had not delete phisically the object so I cannot reuse the same unique name for the Workflow field update. 
In my opinion, for learning purpose salesforce should give the ability yo delete immediatly the unique name. 
What can I do now? Wait for a week for the phisically delete?

Thanks in advance, 
Alvaro. 
KaranrajKaranraj
If you remove the workflow action actually it will disassociates the workflow action from the workflow rule but doesn't delete the workflow action. to delete that Setup, click Create | Workflow & Approvals | Field updates and delete your workflow action and then you can able to re-create the workflow action with the same name.
ALVARO COSTAALVARO COSTA
Thank you very much!
Obiuvsely it works. 
I told you I'm a newby. 
Perfect. 
Have a good day :)
KaranrajKaranraj
If my answer helps you to solve your problem, please mark it as best answer to benefit other also
ALVARO COSTAALVARO COSTA
Sure Karanraj, 
but I have not solved the initial problem (so I click on Like on your answer for now)
Now I created again the workflow update field action, 
anyway, I receive again the error:

"Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Case escalation failed to assign a task to the owner"

It's strange because when I try it from the Application... it works fine... and I receive the escalation task... the activity is well created...
All seems fine but the challenge tell me again about that error!

Thank's in advance, 
Alvaro. 

ALVARO COSTAALVARO COSTA
For the benefits of other users...
I solved the problem. 

I bad understood that I was asked to create a time - dependant workflow action to assign the task to Case owner. 
becouse in the challenge I read: 
NOTE: Since Workflow rules only fire on record save, normally you would implement this with a time-triggered workflow action

So, I removed the time-dependand action to assign the task and I created a new Immediate Workflow action of type "Task". 

This solved the problem and I got the challenge Complete. 
Alvaro. 

This was selected as the best answer
KaranrajKaranraj
Please verify following conditions as per the challenge
  • The rule should fire an Assign Task action with a subject of 'Follow Up on Escalated Case'.
  • The Assign Task action must assign a task to the owner of the Case.[ You must assign to the case owner not your name]
  • The Task should have a due date of 'Rule Trigger Date', status 'Not Started' and Priority 'Normal'

James HanifyJames Hanify
Just a follow up on this as it wasn't clear to me...

The Assign Task action must assign a task to the owner of the Case

There is a dropdown box where you can change the owner to type -> owner -> case owner.

I didn't realise that initially. May help someone..

chitranjan kumarchitranjan kumar
Still getting same erro..............
Bruno Ceysens 10Bruno Ceysens 10
Hello,

I've got the following message:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Set Case to Escalated' Workflow field update action was not found.

Configuration

I do not see were my problem is...

Thanks for support,

Bruno.
Paul KehoePaul Kehoe
Hi Bruno 

I am in exactly the same boat. Everything is working fine, no spellcheck but getting the below error in Trailhead. So frustrating i want those Trailhead Points :-)

Case escalation failed to execute correctly

It did escalate correctly. 
Bruno Ceysens 10Bruno Ceysens 10
Nice to know I not alone in the boat :)
Matheus SalesMatheus Sales
Its happening the same with me Bruno...
Jeanne BuschJeanne Busch
And with me.  Anybody have a thought on this? 
Jorge Mora 11Jorge Mora 11
also is happening to me too, looks there is an error on the server, is not checking the field update
ALFONSO FERNANDEZ 12ALFONSO FERNANDEZ 12
I have the same issue too, I try to delete entire workflow rule and start from scracth dur to I thought I'd done something worng in some step, but stiill doesn`t work. I write down here my case because of you can see anything I can't.

User-added image

And the issue I have:

User-added image
ALFONSO FERNANDEZ 12ALFONSO FERNANDEZ 12
I've solved the issue. In my case, I established the worflow rule criteria with closed equals true y later, in set case to escalated true again. I changed the criteria rule to closed equals false and It's working. I hope i can help you
TRYTRY
In my case, I had everything right except for one thing on the rule. It took me forever to figure out this:

Evaluate the rule when a record is:
created
created, and every time it’s edited
X created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria
Nirmallya_GhoshNirmallya_Ghosh
User-added image

I am continuously getting the following error - 

@ALFONSO FERNANDEZ 12  OR @ALVARO COSTA
Can you post the screenshot..............

Any help will be highly appreciated ... 
Adeline MooreAdeline Moore
I am also struggling with this trail. I am getting the following message:
The 'Follow Up on Escalated Case' Workflow assign task action was not found.
Kajal KantariaKajal Kantaria
here is screen shot. it might solve your problem.
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
Prashidha ShresthaPrashidha Shrestha
@Adeline Moore Have u deleted the 'Follow Up on Escalated Case' from  Create | Workflow & Approvals | Tasks, other wise delete it from there and start fresh.
Rebecca BailinRebecca Bailin
wow, really frustrating.  my rule and task matches the above exactly and i'm still getting the The 'Follow Up on Escalated Case' Workflow assign task action was not found.

i deleted the task and started over, deactivated and activated the rule and i'm still getting this message.User-added image

any ideas?  thanks in advance!
Rebecca BailinRebecca Bailin

started over.  now i'm getting this

User-added image
if i activate i get this error
"you cannot add new time tiggers to an active rule.  deactivate this rule"

at this point i'm kinda giving up on clearing this challenge (although i'd like to) but any ideas why it is saying there are no workflow actions when there are 2 workflow actions and that there aren't any time triggers when it's set to "created, and any time it's edited to subsequently meet criteria"?

thanks, all!

Hector SosaHector Sosa
You need to deactivate the Wf rule, so you can modify it.
Nazeer AhamedNazeer Ahamed
I too got in to same understanding based on the trailhead note, possibly below NOTE need to be updated. Since I too created timebased workflow action based on the NOTE then just googled it and got this discussion thread. 

Current NOTe says.. 

may be this need to be updated as
NOTE: Since Workflow rules only fire on record save, normally you would implement this with a time-triggered workflow action but for this challenge create immediate workflow action  

Hector SosaHector Sosa
Can you please share the screen of your task and the field update configuration?
Arun MathewArun Mathew
I did in this way and could complete the challenge. Hope this helps
Katherine Cheng 7Katherine Cheng 7
I could not find "There is a dropdown box where you can change the owner to type -> owner -> case owner." as @James Hanify mentioned before. So I got the following error when just put "Case Owner" in the field of Assigned To.
User-added image
Katherine Cheng 7Katherine Cheng 7
Problem solved. I found where to change the value for Assigned To. By clicking the lookup icon besides Assigned To field, the following screen pops up.
User-added image
Stephen GlarosStephen Glaros
Hello,

I'm getting the "Follow Up on Escalated Case' Workflow assign task action was not found" error, and after checking my work with some of the screenshots here, I'm not able to identify what I'm doing wrong. I've deleted and re-entered the information several times but still come up w/the same error. Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated!

User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image
Raushan KumaRaushan Kuma
dear Nirmallya_Ghosh

instead of doing 'task' and 'field update' action sepearatly, do it by editing workflow action of workflow rule .
Chrystian AcacioChrystian Acacio

I'm also having the error message as below, i applied a lot of work arrounds on the foruns, anyone can help me please?
The 'Set Case to Escalated' Workflow field update action was not found.
I'm really not finding the issue, because the workflow field update is ok, and all the workflow rule is ok too.

User-added image
User-added image
User-added image

kamalesh kumar 8kamalesh kumar 8
Its easy to complete this challenge !!!

Follow the steps exactly given in the challenge, just make sure you don't use "Time-Dependent Workflow Action", instead use "Immediate Workflow Action". (when creating the task " Follow Up on Escalated Case" , in the days field, put 0 as the value.)
Pooja Gupta 54Pooja Gupta 54
Hi Guys,

I am not able to create the 'Set case to escalated' field action. Getting the error that the 'name is not unique or used before' even though there is no such action field created. Please help if anybody knows how to solve this issue. Thanks in advance.

User-added image
Starr LimStarr Lim

Hey @Pooja,
You might want to try this. Got it from the above thread and it worked for me :) See if  "set case to escalated field" exist as what the error say. 

{ @Karanraj
If you remove the workflow action actually it will disassociates the workflow action from the workflow rule but doesn't delete the workflow action. to delete that Setup, click Create | Workflow & Approvals | Field updates and delete your workflow action and then you can able to re-create the workflow action with the same name. }

Starr LimStarr Lim
Hey @Chrystian, could it be your unique name for "Set case to escalated" ? There seem to be an extra "3" at the end for unique name. Not sure if its the reason..:)
Starr LimStarr Lim
Hey @Stephen Glaros, i think the error you could be getting is because your unique name for "Follow up on escalated case" does not match with your subject. 
Siddhartha KwatraSiddhartha Kwatra
Hey guys actually this challenge is set to give new information.
Okey so all of us did the mistake of making a time dependent workflow rule for the assign task and did the mistake of assigning new task a unique name of "Follow_Upon_Escalated_Case__c". Now the major problem is  when we try to add this action to immediate workflow   rule unique name is already in namespace and are not getting through this challenge.Now my solutions works without creating new dev org or bla bla bla. Just go to  immediate action instead of defining new task just select the  option set existing action and there you can select the action you previously defined in time based workflow rule with desired unique name and hola you will earn 500 points.
Points to learn 
Action defined in time based workflow rule can be used in immediate workflow rule too and vice versa. Hope it will help.
kamalesh kumar 8kamalesh kumar 8
guys, its easy to complete this challenge !!! i have already posted this earlier  !!

Follow the steps exactly given in the challenge, just make sure you don't use "Time-Dependent Workflow Action", instead use "Immediate Workflow Action". (when creating the task " Follow Up on Escalated Case" , in the days field, put 0 as the value.)

Siddhartha KwatraSiddhartha Kwatra
Yes my friend your solution is right and also the answer by "ALVARO COSTA" is right and appropriate but the problem is not the right solution but it's related to the unique name which by mistake we defined in time based workflow and cannot overwrite it.So my solution was for that case and it also give insights to new information as  explained above.
maulik desai 11maulik desai 11
Hi All,

I am getting below error
The 'Case Escalate on High Priority' Workflow rule was not found. Either it was not created, not associated with Case, or not activated.

I can see the Workflow rule with same name created and all actions seems to be correct. Can someone help please. I have attached screen shots for reference.

User-added image

ratnadeep naikratnadeep naik
@Siddhartha Kwatra. Thanks for providing insights
Ruchika BishtRuchika Bisht
@Maulik , I think in the screenshot , it is 'priority' instead of 'Priority' in the rule name. Please correct that and check.
Uttam Sai Raj BodaUttam Sai Raj Boda
@Maulik Desai

Try to Create using the Second Criteria of workflow rule i.e created, and every time it's edited
 Case : Closed equals to False

Then you will get its succesfully done.

Uttam Sai Raj BodaUttam Sai Raj Boda
Hi Guys,
Those who are unable to complete the Trailhead Challenge Module->Process Automation->Automate Sets of Delayed Actions with Workflow

Please try to create as below, you will get successful completion of Challenge

Go to Setup->go to Quickfind->Type Workflow and click on Workflow Rules->Create New->Name as per Criteria Given in the TrailheadUser-added image
User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image

Follow the process as per Screenshots and Activate the Workflow. You can Succesfully Complete the challenge, still your facing problems, let me know.

Thanks,
Uttam Sai.
LinThawLinThaw
I solved it too.
In my case, problem is the value of case field Priority was in other language.
So I changed it in English :)
Regards,
LinThaw